User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi Pault!

Have you spoken with Mike and Ray about the issue you are having with your gun?  I'm sure they'd be able to offer you some good advice or a fix if it needs it.  You can email them at [email protected] or call us at 1-800-290-0065 to get availability or place an order for the parts you may need.  I would definately recommend speaking with them first though to make sure it's what you need.
Regarding the AK-47...we are still waiting on these.  They are due in very soon, we hope to see them within the next two shipments we receive.  It's always very tough to lock down an exact date on a new production item but we are all set for the import so as soon as they are ready to go we will be bringing them in.
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Dear Chris -

After seeing the tricked out GSG5 with the new GSG5 red dot... I have to wonder...

When will ATI be raffling that bad boy off?

Inquiring minds want to know...
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, that particular GSG is long gone.  Truth be told, we don't even know what flashlight and laser it is that's on it because they belong to one of our salesmans personal collections.  Perhaps we will have time to organize some sort of event or something with a give away in the future, but right now things are so constantly busy around here that we don't even have time to all sit down together at once to plan something!  But hey, if something does come up, I'll let you all know.

Link Posted: 4/17/2009 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#5]
ATI Customer Service...  AAAAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++++!!!!  

I know this is a question thread, but I just wanted to give a BIG THANKS to Mike and Christopher at ATI.

Guys, it's really nice to know that you guys still understand what Customer Service means.

Most companies these days don't give a rat's kiester about the customer after they have your money...but you guys are definitely top notch!!!

It's a pleasure doing business with you guys, and I will continue to do so...and I will let this be known everywhere I can.

I am currently waiting on my next GSG to come in, which I have on order from my local FFL.

Many Thanks again,

JuJu
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#6]
You think you guys got problems,i bought a Brand new GSG-5pk got it home to shoot it and NOTHING not even a click,Thats a BRAND NEW pistol what a pile of CRAP! thanks for nothing ATI john baer
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#7]
You think you guys got problems,i bought a Brand new GSG-5pk got it home to shoot it and NOTHING not even a click,Thats a BRAND NEW pistol what a pile of CRAP! thanks for nothing ATI john baer
Link Posted: 4/18/2009 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#8]
He is so mad he had to say it twice!
 Just in case anyone cares mine runs like a top!  Thank you ATI.  Fun shooting cheap!
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Charger22:
He is so mad he had to say it twice!  Just in case anyone cares mine runs like a top!  Thank you ATI.  Fun shooting cheap!
i have had some great guns and some junk guns but NEVER had a NIB gun that will not go off so i am BLOWING UP.IF they would have shot it they might know. HUSTON THERE IS A PROBLEM lets send to some sucker in the good old USA  for a Joke.you can bet somone will get a call in the morin! john

Link Posted: 4/19/2009 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi John,

Definately give us a call on monday so we can get this fixed up for you right away.  1-800-290-0065.  I'm on my phone by 9am EST.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Hi again John,

I missed you this morning, you totally beat me into the office.  Aric gave me your info and your tag is on the way.  Please shoot me an email and I'll get you all the approiate tracking info.  [email protected].  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 22eley:
i have had some great guns and some junk guns but NEVER had a NIB gun that will not go off so i am BLOWING UP.IF they would have shot it they might know. HUSTON THERE IS A PROBLEM lets send to some sucker in the good old USA  for a Joke.you can bet somone will get a call in the morin! john

Christopher, whatever they're paying you it isn't enough...

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I now have available a PDF file of instructions for installing the GSG-5 3 point sling on the GSG-5 carbine and GSG-5P pistol.  The PK does not come designed for the sling but can be upgraded with parts purchased from Ray and Mike in parts and repair.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Hello,

I recently purchased the GSG-5P however my FFL misplaced the manual and other accompanying materials. I believe he said there was also a tool.

I sent an email to [email protected] with the S/N.

Can you ship me out any accompanying documentation and accessories

What else should it come with? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By hellbound:

Hello,

I recently purchased the GSG-5P however my FFL misplaced the manual and other accompanying materials. I believe he said there was also a tool.

How did they misplace a large bright orange screwdriver with GSG-5 printed on the side???

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Ridge_Runner_5:

Hello,

How did they misplace a large bright orange screwdriver with GSG-5 printed on the side???

it's my best friend... i have no idea how he pulls off half of the crap he does...

but he did give me an AWESOME deal...
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:33:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ridge_Runner_5] [#17]

Hello,

it's my best friend... i have no idea how he pulls off half of the crap he does...

but he did give me an AWESOME deal...

Hope the deal saved you more than parts and shipping from Rochester, NY

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:52:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GeneSplicer] [#18]
So how much will a new extractor for my carbine cost me?  It 'was' failing to extract dud rounds, so I sharpened the tooth a little bit... maybe too much because now it yanks them out but isn't throwing them out of the chamber so then my bolt closes on it... oh well, I tried!  Anywya, yeah, I need a new extractor.  I've got everything humming but that... Thanks! - Bryan

Edit... Nevermind... I found that I located the loose ejector too far back and not a problem with the extractor.  I'll rivet it in place this time...
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Hope this does not hack anyone off for posting here, but I also wanted to say thanks to the crew at ATI, especially Mike when we talked on the phone.

My extractor was just starting to loosen up after maybe 1200 rounds, no functional issues but I wanted it fixed.  Sent the bolt assembly in and got things back in under 2 weeks.  All shinney and ready to go.  Top notch.

Thanks for fixing up my fav little plinker.
Link Posted: 5/9/2009 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Which part of the weapon is the serial number used for tracking? I'm asking because of NFA engravings. One retailer told me it was the right side clamshell that had to be engraved, but I've heard people say they had no problem with putting the engravings on the plastic trigger housing...
Link Posted: 5/9/2009 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#21]
well, the GSG has the serial engraved on two spots, the right side of the mag well on the receiver and on the bolt its self.  the only replacement part we have to special order from Germany is the right hand side of the receiver because of the engraving that has to be done before we can install it (we have not had to do this yet, but we have replaced left sides before).  i have seen serial numbers in various places on various firearms, but they have all been etched into metal or composite parts of the gun (as far as i recall at least).  what i will do is talk to Mike about this on monday to see what he thinks about this. I assume that this is regarding an SBR/AOW serial change, correct? my biggest concern about this would be if you put the changed serial on a part that anyone can call us up and get as a part from us.  this is why we don't just have right sides of the receiver.  i wil also grab my ATF book on the ground laws by the man and see if there are any clearly defined laws (and by 'clearly' I mean vague and round about, referencing several other sub headings) regarding serial placement and I wil let you know.
Link Posted: 5/9/2009 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Is there a difference between the bolt springs between the pistol and rifle versions?  I'm still having problems with my bolt cycling with my cut barrel with pinned suppressor.  Was wondering if using pistol springs would work? I duplicated the mock can into a functional one (on F1 of course) and pinned it to the cut barrel.
Link Posted: 5/10/2009 2:07:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By ATICSR_Christopher:

well, the GSG has the serial engraved on two spots, the right side of the mag well on the receiver and on the bolt its self.  the only replacement part we have to special order from Germany is the right hand side of the receiver because of the engraving that has to be done before we can install it (we have not had to do this yet, but we have replaced left sides before).  i have seen serial numbers in various places on various firearms, but they have all been etched into metal or composite parts of the gun (as far as i recall at least).  what i will do is talk to Mike about this on monday to see what he thinks about this. I assume that this is regarding an SBR/AOW serial change, correct? my biggest concern about this would be if you put the changed serial on a part that anyone can call us up and get as a part from us.  this is why we don't just have right sides of the receiver.  i wil also grab my ATF book on the ground laws by the man and see if there are any clearly defined laws (and by 'clearly' I mean vague and round about, referencing several other sub headings) regarding serial placement and I wil let you know.

Not so much a serial change, just wondering which is the part to be engraved in the first place. Jon at Orion Arms says that either H&K products or the GSG-5, it has to be engraved on the right side shell.

But yeah, I was wondering, since apparently the only parts that arent engraved with the serial number on these guns are the screws that hold the trigger pack together

Link Posted: 5/11/2009 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Ok, so I checked with Mike in the repair shop and we agree that the main part used for tracking on the GSG is the right side of the reciever simply due to the fact that you cannot get a replacement right side with out going through us and ultimately Gerrmany.  All other parts, including the trigger grouping, are available for replacement through ATI service so for tracking purposes with the ATF we would tell them the correct serial is on the right hand magazine well.  Also too, I can definately vouch for the boys at Orion as having their rules and regs down to the T.  We don't see any problem with serials being put on the trigger grouping, our only concern would be like I stated before about if your gun was to be stolen, that person could replace their trigger grouping with a blank one.  Anyway, let me know if you have any more questions regarding this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#25]

John, how is the repaired GSG working out, and did you get the magazine from my supervisor?
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Ok, so I checked with Mike in the repair shop and we agree that the main part used for tracking on the GSG is the right side of the reciever simply due to the fact that you cannot get a replacement right side with out going through us and ultimately Gerrmany.  All other parts, including the trigger grouping, are available for replacement through ATI service so for tracking purposes with the ATF we would tell them the correct serial is on the right hand magazine well.  Also too, I can definately vouch for the boys at Orion as having their rules and regs down to the T.  We don't see any problem with serials being put on the trigger grouping, our only concern would be like I stated before about if your gun was to be stolen, that person could replace their trigger grouping with a blank one.  Anyway, let me know if you have any more questions regarding this.

Thanks, Chris! You've been of much help!

Link Posted: 5/16/2009 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I have put about 100 rounds through my gsg-5.  Most of them have been Remington High Velocity rounds.  I just had a BAD jamb, apparently one bullet never left the barrel and when I went to fire again the gunpowder blew the brass open causing the gunpowder to escape through the ejector hole scaring the $hit out of me.  Obviously a lot louder than normal.  Now the shell could have not seated all of the way in causing it to blow out but that doesnt seem likely.  

It was during a three round burst.

Now I have a mangled shell casing still semi in the barrel and I have a bullet that is lodged with 1 inch to go before it would have left the barrel, I am assuming there is another bullet behind it. You can see one bullet while looking down the barrel since it is close to the end of the barrel

What to do?  gun is one month old and I am worried the barrel may be toast with 2 bullets potentially ramming into one another.

Chris I have sent you and ray an email per your earlier messages.  THanks for sticking your neck out and coming on line to help out, you've got the initiative more CS people need
Ryan
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Hi Ryan,

I got your email on this as well which is where I will reply regarding this so that I can start my tarcking 'paper' trail.  We definately need to get this taken care of for you.  Sorry it took me a bit to reply, I have been at the NRA show in AZ since Wed last week and I just got off my plane at noon today.  Anyway, check your regular email for instructions.  Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#29]
how much for the 2 gen rear sight? free upgrade or $
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Will you be making any more 15 Round Mags ??

Here in NJ  that is max we can use.

Thanks,

Iggyort

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#31]
how much for the 2 gen rear sight? free upgrade or $

To buy it as a replacement part costs $10.00 plus shipping.

Will you be making any more 15 Round Mags ??
Here in NJ that is max we can use.

We are no longer importing the 15 round magazines.  We actually haven't imported any since October of 08.  This had to do with the fact that there is only one state that wants them.  Sorry NJ, but if they were made domestically they would probably cost less, importing is not cheap.  There just wasn't the market for them outside of your state.

Link Posted: 5/27/2009 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok, the 10 rounders can be converted to 15 rounders easily enough, but can you sell us springs from the 22 round magazines?
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Ok, the 10 rounders can be converted to 15 rounders easily enough, but can you sell us springs from the 22 round magazines?

ugh, laws man...ya know?

We cannot sell 22 round springs to NJ because where the 10 round mags can easily be converted to 15 rounders...they can just as easily be converted to 22 rounders.  See where I'm going with that?  Got any friends in PA or MD?
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#34]
ugh, laws man...ya know?

We cannot sell 22 round springs to NJ because where the 10 round mags can easily be converted to 15 rounders...they can just as easily be converted to 22 rounders.  See where I'm going with that?  Got any friends in PA or MD?

Um... you're being serious aren't you?  
Don't try to blame NJ's stupid laws on this one, if your company decided to not sell 22 round springs to NJ, NY, CA, etc. customers, it was your company's decision.  I can't believe that your company is going to these great lengths to cover it's own ass, then you go and insinuate that I should have a friend in another state buy the allegedly illegal part for me.
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#35]

ugh, laws man...ya know?

Wow so you are saying that you wont sell a spring, because it could possibly turned in to an illegal item?  Well in that case you should not be selling any semiautomatic weapons, as you know it could possibly turned in to an illegal machine gun.

Link Posted: 5/29/2009 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Dude cannot legally sell that spring to a resident of NJ. Period.
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#37]
You can probably buy a GSG-5PK mag...
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By hami:

Hmm, can you cite references?  I consider myself to have a pretty good knowledge of NJ criminal law and I'd like to know if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 5/29/2009 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Trumptone:

Hmm, can you cite references?  I consider myself to have a pretty good knowledge of NJ criminal law and I'd like to know if I'm wrong.

I would like to know also, we would appreciate an answer
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#40]
The legislation also prohibits any firearms which are substantially identical to any of the above firearms; any semiautomatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a conspicuous pistol grip, or a folding stock; a semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 15 rounds. Any magazine with a capacity greater than fifteen rounds is prohibited, even if there is no semi-automatic firearm to accompany the magazine

...ok, so, obviously it doesn't say anything about springs. Can we legally ship you a spring correct for the length of a 22 round magazine in NJ, sure can.  It's just a spring.  But...considering how the full sized 10 round magazine is blocked off but not pinned, it can be converted to a full sized 22 round magazine.  I've seen the instructions on here myself.  It ends up being a liability thing really.  Lets say we sell hypothetical NJ resident X a 22 round mag spring.  X then goes on AR15 and reads instructions and converts mag to 22 rounder.  X then gets stopped somewhere by a police officer and is busted with a 22 round magazine.  When X gets arrested perhaps he pleads ignorance and says he didn't know, besides ATI sold it to him no questions asked and there's instructions on AR15.  Perhaps that reasoning flys, perhaps not.  Either way, X is in a heap load of trouble and ATI might be too.  If the law gets involved it's real easy for them to suspend or revoke importation status.  Even tempory suspension pending investigation can severly cripple the company because if the guns stop coming in, we're up the creek, you dig?  The guns must flow.  So, call it precautionary paranoia or just call it CYA.  The best possible chance our company has at continuing to function at the level it does is to consistantly be compliant with every firearm law out there.  I have literally spent entire shifts reading state firearm laws.  Granted, ultimately the end user is responsible for knowing their state laws on what they can and cannot have.  But by starting that responsibility at the top we hope to help prevent any more possible negative attention from coming down on the firearms industry and gun users/owners in the US.

I feel for you NJ, remember, I can't own 3/4 of what we import cause we're in NY.  Don't even get me started on CA.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 12:36:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: toybiz] [#41]
Chris @ ATI,

Well, just my 2 cents here.

I have been in the airsoft business for over 7 years and before some of the GSG owners start coming down on me for selling "toys", let's just say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  Airsoft is the only sport that I am aware of that you can "shoot" a living moving target that can shoot back with guns that imitate their real steel counterparts in size and loadout. Even paintball manufactures are starting to make their gun appear more like the real steel ones, but they still can't come close to the replication of magazines and functionality including full auto that airsoft affords it owners.

For me personally, having the chance to own any unmodified "Legal" black rifle in California is welcome. Whether made by an airsoft company or not. Beggers can't be choosers. I think too many gun owners forget to look into the history of many gun manufactuers, you may be surprised on not all of them started with guns and many today have their roots or parent corporations in other industries.

Since so many other real steel platforms and even possibly a few GSG owners here feel that the GSG is simply an over glorified and priced airsoft gun. That maybe so, but basic market supply and demand created the GSG5 and until the other real steel manufactures step up to  provide their 22lr version so the critics can stop stating the GSG is a toy, I think buyers looking for an available black rifle in a legal in all states caliber / configuration have found what they are looking for.

Does anyone really thinks HK would produce a 22lr version of their MP5? Even if they did, would they charge LESS than what the GSG5 is going for? Really now...
Look at what the Walther/Colt M4 is going for MSRP.

But I digress, my request here is for ATI to suggest to GSG in keeping in their future models with the what has made the airsoft industry explode in the first place are two basic things:

1) provide buyers the availability to own / shoot a platform he/she may not otherwise have a chance to own in its original configuration. (How many MP5 airsoft clones are out there firing 9mm plasic BBs - NONE, yet it is still one of the best selling models)

2) keep it modular, for those not familiar with airsoft, the basic "engine" or mechbox can be reused in multiple configurations. The Version 2 mechbox shell and most of the internals are used between the MP5 and M4 airsoft bodies. This greatly reduces the amount of tooling for the manufacturer and allows much more potential aftermarket support by keeping the part numbers down. What this means for the GSG owner, is the potential to offer a receiver kit to change between the MP5 to say, an M4 or G-3 SG1 configuration. (Hint, hint )

A picture is worth a thousand works right?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2222/2278079691_cc1880c13d.jpg
airsoft M4 mechbox compared to the lower of the GSG5
See something familiar in the shape? Now wonder GSG5 owners are swapping the lower receiver with airsoft ones.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/GSG5Host1/triggerhousing/disco09_thumb.jpg
image property of Jackel2001

My request isn't so much the next rifle, but to request AT-I offer an upgrade for those who live in black rifle  rimfire only friendly states, an alterative upper bolt to chamber say, 22MAG? For other states perhaps other calibers, 17HMR maybe? If you are able to keep the upper bolt assembly fairly universal between your receivers the only differences would need to be the lower trigger group, which would be slightly different in say a SIG552 clone or your upcoming AK.

Link Posted: 6/1/2009 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By spiralseal:

Its what he says. He's the distributor. Im sure he knows what hes talking about.

"We cannot sell 22 round springs to NJ because where the 10 round mags can easily be converted to 15 rounders...they can just as easily be converted to 22 rounders."
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Its what he says. He's the distributor. Im sure he knows what hes talking about.

"We cannot sell 22 round springs to NJ because where the 10 round mags can easily be converted to 15 rounders...they can just as easily be converted to 22 rounders."

Wow, did you read his (ATI's) response? He agreed that it's not illegal for them to sell the spring, but they don't want to chance any trouble with someone doing something illegal with that spring.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#44]

Wow, did you read his (ATI's) response? He agreed that it's not illegal for them to sell the spring, but they don't want to chance any trouble with someone doing something illegal with that spring.

Can you blame them? The media would crucify them if they readily sold parts to states where the parts can be illegal.

If you dont like the way they deal with your laws, then vote in people who will change those laws. Dont bitch at Chris and ATI because your elected officials are reigning in your rights!

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#45]

Can you blame them? The media would crucify them if they readily sold parts to states where the parts can be illegal.

If you dont like the way they deal with your laws, then vote in people who will change those laws. Dont bitch at Chris and ATI because your elected officials are reigning in your rights!

My last post was directed at hami, not anybody else.  hami is still clinging to his first post which was incorrect:

While I'm disappointed with ATI's decision, I respect their response.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Back in January I bought and registered online my second GSG.  I have not yet received the free mag and was wondering if there might have been a problem or issue with my registrations?  
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Back in January I bought and registered online my second GSG. I have not yet received the free mag and was wondering if there might have been a problem or issue with my registrations?

Here is the qualification instructions from on top of the registration form.  These instructions have been up there since we launched the page in December.

You can receive one free* magazine with free shipping when you purchase another firearm from the GSG family of quality firearms.
To qualify simply register this purchase online at www.americantactical.us and when making your next GSG firearm purchase, ask your dealer for a copy of your completed 4473 form. You may scan this document and e-mail it [email protected], fax to 585-328-4168, or mail to:
American Tactical Imports 100 Airpark Drive Rochester, NY 14624.
You must be registered once prior to receive your free magazine (a retail value of $39.95). If you purchase a third, fourth, or even fifth GSG, you may follow this same procedure.

Please let me know if you have any further questions at [email protected] or at 1-800-290-0065 ex 153.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Can I buy couple of those plastic "level indicator" so I can decock my gun?
I think my 3 y/o son threw mine away

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#49]

You most certianly can.  Please contact me at [email protected] and we can begin your order.  Level indicators are $1.95 each.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#50]

You most certianly can.  Please contact me at [email protected] and we can begin your order.  Level indicators are $1.95 each.

Chris,

Thank you for taking care of me.

Page / 7
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top