Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up a gsg 522 last night I hope I dont have these issues most of you have posted.  Does the second Gen have the updated screws installed?   I love the MP5 look thats what sold me
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Chris,
I have a 522SD and i'm missing, for lack of a better word, the little covers on the hand gaurd that look like they cover screw holes? and my other question would be is there supposed to be screws in the holes? make sense? and can i get a replacement owners manual?

Thanks,
John
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Chris,

I am a dealer & I have called you & emailed through your websiteb & regular email over a dozen time over the last 7 months or so. I actually just got off the phone & after being on hold approx. 7 min. w/o ever talking to a human & then I got transfered to your voicemail box which happened to be full ...... AGAIN. I have been trying to get a RA number to send back some of your early defective drums for replacement. I don't think that is a big deal, probably take you all of 1 min. to take care of that via phone or email. What does a person have to do to get some customer service from you???

I appologize to all the board members for bringing this problem to the board but after all of this time & never receiving a call back or return email I felt this was my last option.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 4:05:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CSR_ATI_NATE] [#5]
SIR,
SORRY ABOUT THE TROUBLE GETTING THROUGH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE HAS BEEN VERY BUSY TODAY. PLEASE GIVE US ANOTHER TRY AT 800 290 0065 WE WILL BE HAPPY TO GET YOU THAT RA YOU NEED.
Nathan Kent  
American Tactical Imports
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I emailed Ray directly but I would like to inquire here as well. I have a first gen (I believe) GSG 5 that does not have the riveted extractor plate. Can I still get it upgraded by sending the bolt to ATI?

Many thanks!
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 1:32:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi there, all you CSR types from ATI...

I sent a message to CSR_ATI_NATE on 20 April regarding some issues that I'm having.

I have not, as of yet, received a reply, and would like to inquire as to whether or not Nate is still with ATI?

I'm happy to take this private at any point, simply send me a PM.

Many thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2012 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#8]
35 days out from my original message...

11 days out from my last posting regarding the original message.

ATI, Is anyone home?
Link Posted: 6/6/2012 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I have an early model gsg5 that is in need of some replacement parts. Barrel, Barrel Block and bolt carrier. I have called and left messages about 11 times over the past 3 month and have never heard back rom anyone. This has nothing to do with warranty and i will pay i just need to talk to someone to order the parts. hopefully this post will finally get a response.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I need help I have sent an e-mail to ray for this have not heard back yet I need this set screw It is M.I.A.
diagram D in schematics Part #96 – Firing Pin Retainer Set Screw – [402.40.15.3]
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bslate07:
I emailed Ray directly but I would like to inquire here as well. I have a first gen (I believe) GSG 5 that does not have the riveted extractor plate. Can I still get it upgraded by sending the bolt to ATI?

Many thanks!

I have the old extractor also and maybe the "bad" suppressor that I have been reading about.  (sorry don't know how to describe it)
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Magazines all missing from ATI's web page???
http://www.americantactical.us/16/catalog.html

Richard
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks Chris for taking the time to be on here. I know you are doing this of your own choosing. A lot of companies wouldn't even think of letting someone from their shop get anywhere near one of these sites. Hopefully as this thread grows, ALL of us can grow and learn something from each other about our GSGs. I've already picked up a ton of info that has helped me recently with my 522SD.
Link Posted: 11/19/2013 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I had forgot to post my results. A while back I was contacted and got my info and in a week I got my missing screw. Thanks guys ATI is great.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Took my gsg-5 out and my charging handle knob snapped off.

Someone help me out here.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#18]
So I have an issue with my Ati GSG 522 sd. The gun will not extract a round. When I first had issues I contacted gsg to get RMA# and sent the gun in, it took over 4 months to get it back and I had to file a complaint with bbb. To make matters worse they said that it was just the clip and sent the gun back with a new clip. I haven't been able to shoot the gun since. I had the same issues as it sounds like others have and never was able to get a hold of anyone. Left countless messages and emails with no response.  That's why I filed the complaint. When the gun came back nothing had changed but I had a new clip, big whoop.  I loved this gun when first got it. I bragged about it to everyone, now it just sits in my closet and collects dust. Can't find anyone local that wants to look at it, so what do I do with it now...........
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone know where I can get a firing pin for my 522?

I picked it up in a trade about a year ago and it has sat in the back of the safe since the first time I tried to shoot it. I had light-strike after light strike.

Customer service doesn't answer me (hasn't for months).

Please help me with my first and last GSG product before I break this thing over my knee.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Howdy ATI!

I had posted a Review & 25 Pics of the New GSG MP40 that I received last week, on the AR15.com Forum here, under the ATI Section.  I was getting some Feedback about the Review I posted, and the next day, the ATI Link was gone.  Is it being worked on?  I can't locate anything on here under MP40, other than the GSG Section.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Cheers!

BB
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:27:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Does ATI still have GSG-522 pistol length barrels available?

I have a 522 on the way and want to SBR it. Swapping in a factory short barrel would be stupid easy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Hello Chris...

I recently purchased a drum magazine for a gsg5-SD and I am having issues with it not feeding properly.  I found a thread around here somewhere, where your service dept recommended disassembly and making sure the drum is only wound 1.25 times and if not improved to contact your company for a return/fix. I verified the the drum spring is only wound approx 1.25 times...
The problem with my drum is a failure to feed every few rounds (or every time). When a round is stripped from the drum and chambered, the next round will not follow and the drum needs shaking/light tapping for the next round to feed to top of tower. It will also occasionally bind the round not allowing the bolt to strip the round .  I have no issues feeding with the 22round magazines. Fully loading the drum and removing 5 or 10 rounds has no effect on misfeeding.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Gil
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 4:03:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyRover] [#23]
Chris by chance has there been any updates for the slide on the 1911 - 22. I'm mainly curious if you have reinforced the slide lock portion as mine has reamed itself out and no longer locks to the rear. I emailed customer service I got a reply that I can purchase a slide for $30 but all my questions about it being reinforced/reengineered have gone ignored.

I have no issue with buying a new one to repair the weapon as long as it fixes the issue.  So I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ArmyRover:
Chris by chance has there been any updates for the slide on the 1911 - 22. I'm mainly curious if you have reinforced the slide lock portion as mine has reamed itself out and no longer locks to the rear. I emailed customer service I got a reply that I can purchase a slide for $30 but all my questions about it being reinforced/reengineered have gone ignored.

I have no issue with buying a new one to repair the weapon as long as it fixes the issue.  So I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide.
View Quote

Just to follow up I received a call today so I appreciate it.  The slide issue she told me is a common problem that has not been addressed in the replacement parts.  So it is time to trade it in and move on from it and chalk it up as a lesson learned. Hope my GSG-522 fares better...
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top