Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ATICSR_Christopher:
Hi everyone,

Sorry if i'm not getting back to you here, I was at a trade show all last week in NV and I have almost 100 voice mails, half a million emails (that's an approximation) and several import shipments to arrange, so I'm backed up all over the place.

Please call me this week if you need something at 1-800-290-0065.  Thanks!

I need ATI to continue it's outstanding work.

I need Chris to take a bow for busting his butt.

On second thought, make that Mike, Ray and Chris, and everyone else.

If every company had service like these fine folks, we'd all be happy campers.

I will never regret buying my GSG5. I will never sell it.

"There are many like it, but this one is mine."
Link Posted: 11/16/2009 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I liked my new  GSG-5 carbine so well after getting it home, field stripping and lubing it that I had to have the PK model as well. went and picked it up the very next day.

Hey Chris, is the free Magazine with next purchase still in effect?
Link Posted: 11/17/2009 12:49:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a GSG-5 2nd Gen. rifle.   It came with a 22 round mag blocked to hold 10 rounds.  Yes, I'm in California.  

I bought 10, short 10 round mags (GERMMP510PK) from Midway USA

Midway GSG-5 short mags

None of them will hold the bolt open after last round fired.  My original 22 round mag blocked to hold 10 rounds works every time.

Are the short ones incompatible with the GSG-5 2nd Gen. rifle?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 11/17/2009 1:22:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATICSR_Christopher] [#5]
Link Posted: 11/17/2009 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Where do i send this plastic gun to get fixed? I have sent numerous emails and PM's and no response.
Link Posted: 11/17/2009 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a GSG-5 2nd Gen. rifle. It came with a 22 round mag blocked to hold 10 rounds. Yes, I'm in California.

I bought 10, short 10 round mags (GERMMP510PK) from Midway USA

Midway GSG-5 short mags

None of them will hold the bolt open after last round fired. My original 22 round mag blocked to hold 10 rounds works every time.

Are the short ones incompatible with the GSG-5 2nd Gen. rifle?

Thanks,

Hi,

Typically, in my experience at least, when a certian magazine is not holding the bolt open at the end of firing, it is because the follower is not going all the way up to the top.  I have seen this in the 22 round magazines before, once the springs loose some of their....spring it can happen.  Haven't heard of it in a PK mag before though.  How many do you have?  I would check the follower on them when they're empty, see if it's heading all the way up to the top.  There's a part on the mag that sticks out that closes the bolt and if the follower doesn't go all the way up then you get your issue.  Also too, how long have you had these magazines?

for everyone, always remember to store your mags unloaded as leaving them loaded will crush the springs.  Thanks!

These are mags brand new out of the box.
Link Posted: 11/18/2009 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By beltfedMGs:
Where do i send this plastic gun to get fixed?

100 Airpark Drive
Rochester, NY
Link Posted: 11/27/2009 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I would like the thank Chris for AWESOME customer service.
He is an asset to ATI.
Link Posted: 11/27/2009 9:36:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ridge_Runner_5] [#10]
I've almost completely stripped out the head of the screw that holds in the cocking handle in the tube. How hard would it be to get another screw?

Link Posted: 11/27/2009 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ridge_Runner_5:
I've almost completely stripped out the head of the screw that holds in the cocking handle in the tube. How hard would it be to get another screw?  

Talk to Chris on Monday, he can probily give you the screw dementions so you can pick up a stainless steel one at the hardware store, or maybe send
you one.
Link Posted: 11/30/2009 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#12]
so is it confirmed that there are no upgrades or better build quality that give the SD any advantage over the current stock GSG rifle? and can the SD also be fitted with other handgaurds?

thank you
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the screw, Chris!

Link Posted: 12/4/2009 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Chris I am going to blue loctite all the screws on my GSG-5, is there a factory recommended torque setting for the screws?
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By Ridge_Runner_5:

Thanks for the screw, Chris!

Screw arrived today! With the handle, even! Thank you, Chris

Link Posted: 12/5/2009 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Hi Chris,   Quick Question....

I have one of the first batch of rifles that came in.............Believe it or not ive never shot it or handled it much.....

Well im ready to take her out.....

With the little reading up ive did,  i just want to make sure that im good to go with this early gun,  or  are there any necessary Upgrades
Etc that i am in need of ?  

Thankyou,   Joezeta

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 9:02:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#19]
I picked up my GSG-5SD today and noticed the finish was painted on instead of my GSG-5P that was different and much thinner. The solid buttstock is very tight and i had to file down my collapsable stock i just got for it to even fit. i had to make the rails thinner just so it would functuon and It actually pushes the rails out when fully collapsed. Any reason for the change? I fired 150 rounds out of it and already an ejection port chip on the paint is present.......i would have much rather had the finish that is on my pistol version. I can see that any accessories wont fit without filing because of this thick coating. Even the trademarks are not crisp.

Yuck :(

Ser#3487xx
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Its the Anniversary Edition? The silver finish?
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 10:48:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#21]
Nope, its black. But it looks like It was painted like the anniversary ones are....

Kinda annoying, guess i wil have to stick with the sidefolder on this one. Really wanted to do the collapsable but its just gonna tear up the reciever and look like crap. Annoying.

I took my dremel sander to my folding stock and took a lil bit of metal off until it operated smoother. It actually cracked the buttstock housing trying to slide it on.
Link Posted: 12/9/2009 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/9/2009 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Sure, i'll give ya a call.
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#24]
I noticed the same thicker application of paint on my new PK. the lettering was flooded and not as crisp as on my carbine.
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 10:01:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#25]
^^^^EXACTLY.

Chris said he would call/email GSG and ask why they changed the finish. He pulled a rifle from my lot and ut was the same as mine. He wasnt informed of any changes to the finish.

Wierd shit cause the original finish is great and doesnt chip off or lay thick on the reciever.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I was just pissed that I had to totally custom fit my Collapsable stock to fit. I had to dremel the side rails heavily to get it to slide on that paint and aluminum black it after filing it down.

I can understand that they wanted to get the shipments out but you guys DEFINITELY should have been notified. Damn Germans!

It shoots fricken awesome tho!

thanks Chris. I just wanted to point out the differences.
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#29]
hmmm I wondering if I got one of these badly painted models?  I just bought one on 12/17/09 and starting to buy accessories like a new stock, scope and stuff.  I got the new stock in yesterday, its the Classic Army Retractable.  I thought it was normal for it to fit so tightly, its all metal and the latest model.  The one that came with the gun was harder than hell to get on the gun as well.   What are the signs of having only a powder coated model?  It looks fine to me, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for either?

I know the ejector is riveted so thats one thing I don't have to worry about.  I was also wondering if I have to lock tite the screws on the top bolt cover?   Also wondering if I have a Gen 3 then since its a new model?  I haven't heard anyone really mention about 3rd Gens but started in another forum about them.  I thought I had a Gen 2 but it might be a Gen 3.

-Dan
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#30]
3rd gen (SD) has the 4th screw by the barrel trunion. mine has that. I forget what else. correct me if im wrong, but my Pistol only has 3 screws.

if we swap receivers my collapsable will be lose on the parked reciever, lol.

we'll see what happens in the net few months....
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
3rd gen (SD) has the 4th screw by the barrel trunion. mine has that. I forget what else. correct me if im wrong, but my Pistol only has 3 screws.

if we swap receivers my collapsable will be lose on the parked reciever, lol.

we'll see what happens in the net few months....

Your GSG-5P should have 4 screws, my P and PK both have 4, as has every GSG that I have sold and ordered in the last 2 months. (Late discovering the great GSG-5, it was the P that got me)
Yes, your collapsable stock will be a tad loose when you switch. If your SD has the old finish, try it on that.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#32]
My SD is the new one, it has the powdercoated finish and 4 screws.

My pistol definitely has 3 screws and a parked finish.

I cant put a stock on the pistol so the collapsable stays on the SD. If i SBR the pistol i'll do the SD's solid stock or a collapsable.

Link Posted: 1/3/2010 4:18:40 AM EDT
[#33]
please keep me informed on the blued-powerdercoated reciever swap possiblity. I have a GSG-5SD with the powercoated receiver and I would deffinitly like a blued receiver.
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 8:19:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlahBlah] [#34]
I haven't found an answer to my question (although I haven't read all 8 pages of this thread yet) so I thought I'd ask it here.

I'm getting ready to SBR a GSG-5P. Once it is registered, how do I go about getting it fixed if it breaks? Will the warranty be void? I'm not opposed to buying a bunch of spare parts and getting it fixed at my local gunsmith (he is very good), but I want to know what I'll be in for up front.

I haven't taken delivery of the 5P yet, but if it shows-up without a rivet in the extractor (old stock), should I just send it in before I even start the paperwork?

I was originally planning on SBRing my carbine, but the pistol looks like a cheaper, easier option... Although now I own two GSGs!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BlahBlah:
I haven't found an answer to my question (although I haven't read all 8 pages of this thread yet) so I thought I'd ask it here.

I'm getting ready to SBR a GSG-5P. Once it is registered, how do I go about getting it fixed if it breaks? Will the warranty be void? I'm not opposed to buying a bunch of spare parts and getting it fixed at my local gunsmith (he is very good), but I want to know what I'll be in for up front.

I haven't taken delivery of the 5P yet, but if it shows-up without a rivet in the extractor (old stock), should I just send it in before I even start the paperwork?

I was originally planning on SBRing my carbine, but the pistol looks like a cheaper, easier option... Although now I own two GSGs!

Thanks.

Here is the answer to your question:

I have a GSG5P registered SBR that has a loose ejector. After waiting 5 months for my stamp I put less than 100rds through it and I am getting more FTF's and FTE's than shots. I put about 300rds through it with no problems before it was papered. What are my options for repair? Being a NFA item im not sure of the legalities of shipping and such. Plus what is the turnaround time on service. Who do I contact to get the ball rolling? Thanks Dan

Hi Dan,

Please call me at 1-800-290-0065 ex 153 and we can talk about what's going on.  Despite being NFA because it is registered to you by the ATF and we legally represent the manufacturer here in the states, we can still do direct shipping between us for this gun.  Because it is not a full length rifle though it will need to be overnighted in.  Please give me a buzz when you can, I'm here 9 to 5 mon-fri and we will get you the info and an RA number.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#36]
^^^thanks for that Chris. I was gonna ask that as i will be SBR-ing my pistol.

rock on guys!
Link Posted: 1/5/2010 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Ray, ATI, Inc.,

I got my bolt carrier assembly back a few weeks ago, thank you.  I Put 100 rnds of CCI mini mags through it without issue last evening.  However, upon cleaning and examining the screws on top of the bolt jacket, I noticed that the exposed screw was loose again.  The blue loctite doesn't seem to make a difference at all.  Aside from Gorilla glue, is there anything else that can be done to prevent these screws from loosening?  It's getting to the point where having to tear down the bolt jacket to check screws after each time at the range is becoming a bit tedious.  I'd rather not have to put my favorite piece on consignment or trade it for a M&P15/.22 or Sig522 but that's the direction it's heading.  Please let me know if ANYTHING can be done.

Kindest regards
Link Posted: 1/5/2010 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Red locktite?
Link Posted: 1/5/2010 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#39]
At this point, I guess it's worth a shot (pun intended)
Link Posted: 1/5/2010 2:47:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By 9mmBlanketParty:

At this point, I guess it's worth a shot (pun intended)

Ba-dum tssshhh

Link Posted: 1/5/2010 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Pretty dissapointed with my GSG and the service im getting, or not getting. Was told when i called ATI that it will take a week to week and 1/2 for it to be sent back to me after they receive it, They received the gun on the 16th of Dec and when i call and ask when will it be leaving they tell me they are waiting on parts from Germany, no idea when i will see the gun i paid $500 for. The thing never ran worth a poo in the first place, now this.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#43]
No offense, but you have to expect things to slow down around Xmas...and I'm sure the lawsuit results and cost of getting a shipping container of parts slows down the process as well...
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 11:59:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Im sorry but beltfedMGs you need to put an end to this little hissy fit your having, suck it up, and quit bitching. These guys are bustin their ass's off for their customers and trying to answer every question they can as quick as possable. They have so much going on right now from shows to the lawsuit that had just been settled. Take a deep breath, try to relax, and be patient, they will get to you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Irishcarbomb, you a paid employee of ATI???

Maybe your the one that told me on the phone i would have it back in a week and half, only to get told later that "Sorry, we have no idea when you will get it back"

When you buy a new gun you expect it to run, otherwise why buy it? When it doesnt run and you call the co and ask, "How long before i get it back?" and am told 1 1/2 weeks, then at 2 weeks i call and am told no idea.... yeah it gets under my skin. Then to have some low post count turd get on here and run his ^$#sucker when it doesnt involve him........

Link Posted: 1/8/2010 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#46]
I have read that ATI is recalling the MKE guns they have imported.  Is this truth or rumor?  If so, do you know why?
Link Posted: 1/8/2010 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/17/2010 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#48]

How can I get the short 10 round magazine that comes with the pistols?

TIA
Link Posted: 1/17/2010 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By varoadking:

How can I get the short 10 round magazine that comes with the pistols?

TIA

Midway sells them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2010 1:19:44 AM EDT
[#50]
I removed my charging handle today on my GSG-5SD and found that the hole had been threaded poorly (on a slight angle) and it had material on both ends of the hole. This isn't what bothered me, it's when I tried to put the screw back in (I started it correctly, so not to cross-thread) it stopped halfway through. I was able to back it out easily, but I kept having the same problem. I took it out and ran the screw back in the hole out of the tube with the same results. I was able to finally get it to go through, but the head is now trashed. Any chance I could get another? I could take it apart again and take pictures if it will help?  

Thanks,
Craig
Page / 7
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top