Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Chris,

I just bought my gun probably a month ago and took it to the range twice, even bought an extra mag incase it was just me.  the first time i took it to the range it shot one at a time and kept jamming continously, again and again, you get my frustration.  I then bought another mag and shot 100 rounds tops nicely then again it kept jamming and jamming and jamming. the ammo is just not feeding properly or something, please respond asap.
Link Posted: 6/29/2009 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought my gun probably a month ago and took it to the range twice, even bought an extra mag incase it was just me. the first time i took it to the range it shot one at a time and kept jamming continously, again and again, you get my frustration. I then bought another mag and shot 100 rounds tops nicely then again it kept jamming and jamming and jamming. the ammo is just not feeding properly or something, please respond asap.

Hello,

Please give us a call at 1-800-290-0065, ex 109 to speak with our gunsmiths.  If by chance they don't pick up try me at ex 153 and we'll get you on the line with them.  They may be able to give you some advice that will prevent you having to send your gun into us.  If you would just like to send it in any way for service warranty repair, please call me and we will start the appropriate paperwork.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#3]
So Christopher, I have been reading up on a thread in here and a fellow stated the GSG and Colt Umarex M4 are produced at the same factory..... Is there any legitimacy to this statement
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#4]
So Christopher, I have been reading up on a thread in here and a fellow stated the GSG and Colt Umarex M4 are produced at the same factory..... Is there any legitimacy to this statement

huh, no idea.  I will ask and let you know.
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 2:38:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Hello Halflife,

Ok, I asked Michael at GSG (the man with the plan if you will) what was up with that comment and this....is his reply;

Hello Chris, we have nothing to do with this item. It's produced by Umarex, our biggest competitor. Best regards, Michael

so, i guess just another case of you can't always believe what you read, right up there with the one about us not importing GSGs anymore.  Hope this helps you out!
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I posted this in the technical questions forum, but that may have been the wrong place.....

Is the GSG-SD going to have any improvements over the newest 'standard' carbines that are out right now? Im torn between buying the SD or standard, so if the SD is just a different suppressor and no updated internals, I'll probably go with the standard.

On that note, are all standard carbines now shipping with riveted ejectors?

Thats my biggest concern, I can swap screws myself, but I want to avoid shipping a rifle back for the rivet job.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#7]
That's what I was looking for Christopher, it's just another new member hopping on here throwing out information they have no clue about. I appreciate you clearing this up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2009 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/4/2009 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Bought a GSG5 at a gunshow the other day and after going through the instructions I am missing the little plastic bit that is used to decock the gun, who do I need to contact to get a replacement?

Jon
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/11/2009 2:13:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRUST8383] [#11]
I would like to just say thank you and commend Christopher and Ray at ATI for their EXCELLENT customer service and support.

I contacted them via email about my GSG-5 Carbine. It had developed the crack on the bolt cover. Before anyone asks, I did perform the bolt upgrade kit and it was installed with blue loctite. Unfortunately, it still developed the crack.

I contacted them on 7/7/09 via email and I sent a picture of the damage. Today is 7/11/09 and I'm now holding the replacement bolt cover and extra screws that just arrived in the mail!

Very professional and very helpful. Thank you guys  I'm glad I can go out and shoot tomorrow!

Thanks, Jon.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#12]
is it possible to order just a gsg-5pk cocking tube/charging handle?  i had this in mind for my carbine.....

Link Posted: 7/13/2009 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Sharkbit, I understand you are excited, but spamming your post in EVERY active thread just belittles you and your ideas...
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ridge_Runner_5:
Sharkbit, I understand you are excited, but spamming your post in EVERY active thread just belittles you and your ideas...

I'm not spamming by OPENLY SHARING an idea in the APPROPRIATE THREADS to HOPEFULLY get the ATTENTION of SOMEONE so they can BUILD a kit like this that WOULD BENEFIT the users of this forum and GSG, ATI, etc.

Link Posted: 7/14/2009 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ATICSR_Christopher:
Bought a GSG5 at a gunshow the other day and after going through the instructions I am missing the little plastic bit that is used to decock the gun, who do I need to contact to get a replacement?

That would be me.  Please email your item request with your name, address and phone number to [email protected] and I will get you one ASAP.  Thanks!

I need one to. My PK didn't come with one. Email sent. :)
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey Chris I'm one of many that's waiting on the Black SD model. I've been talking with a local san diego deal and they claim they can order one. Gave me the part number of GERG2210MP5SD, is there any truth to this?
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Can we just buy the model without any of the included mags and get the standard 10rd mags ourselves?
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 4:27:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I Have a new GSG anniversary and it feels good and it's really fun to shoot, however I have to wonder WHY they haven't improved the cheap problematic parts (like screws or band aid ejector ) . It's made in Germany right? Has a healthy price tag right? Where are they getting their parts? China? Hmmm? Do they even listen to feedback or even care? (doesn't look like it) Do I have to shoot one of my old Ruger 10/22's if I want to fire a lot of rounds? Should they have the Finns work them over before hitting the states?

The least they can do is give a good rock solid life time warranty like companies here (even Kel-tec and hi point )  Or is it they know the rifle is only good for 2 years?

Also the free mag if you buy another gun is  insulting and really pissed me off after reading the fine print (should come with TWO anyway) and I don't want to register to big brother to get serviced, no one else really requires it here in the states. I want the AK and maybe the 1911 but who's to say it's not a learn as you go POS ?  

I know you guys are busy but you'll spend more time back peddling then you would addressing the problem! Whats the communication like between the repair stations and the guys in Germany?

why do they ALL have a wobbly stock? If I fix it will that void warranty too?  

Sorry but the more I read the less faith I have in the product and the company,,, it's a stinking 22!  I can't remember  having a major problem with any of my US made 22's and I shoot them a lot.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/22/2009 8:54:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ATICSR_Christopher] [#22]
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Rocker:
and I don't want to register to big brother to get serviced, no one else really requires it here in the states.

Product registration with the manufacturer or importer isn't the same thing as the government, I have to assume thats what you refer to as "Big Brother", and you should know the difference, but when we get irrationally uptight we tend to not think clearly.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey Neighbor!

(Syracuse here)

Im wondering if you can give me some info on the paint that you guys use on the GSG5 SD? I just bought one and plan to paint over the titanium (just not my color) parts at some point in the future. Any info you could pass along would be outstanding. Thaks Chris!

Chris
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey Chris,

About a year ago I contacted Ray about a loose ejector. He sent out a new bolt carrier and all was well until a few weeks ago when I noticed the rifle was malfunctioning.  I contacted Ray and he wants me to send the whole rifle in.  Is there anyway I can just send in the carrier to get the ejector pinned?

Also is there anyway to order new trigger pack bushings?  I seem to have lost them while cleaning.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/21/2009 10:11:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seargeantjim] [#28]
Chris, I emailed you with a problem that I had with my sling loop (came out and was stripped). Lemme know what to do, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2009 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Chris, my gsg is a couple years old, out of warranty. I have some mags from back then and have had issues with the follower sticking about 2/3 of the way to the top and in some cases causing FTFs.

I heard you guys have put in new springs in the next gen mags. I'm not looking for a freebie, but is it possible to buy a few of the new springs to retrofit my older mags?

many thanks,
jason
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/29/2009 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#32]
New Mag Springs,  we have those available through parts and service at $3.00 each.  We also have a flat rate shipping and handling fee of $10.00 so if you only need one or two you may want to check out the link on here that has the parts list and exploded view to justify the shipping expense.  Please keep in mind we do not ship 22 round magazine springs to states that cannot have high cap magazines.

1/7/2008 shows in the system as the very first shipment of GSG-5s, that was the first 10 we brought in.  With a two year warranty, we don't have any expired yet so if you maybe just want a tune up, send me an email with your serial number and I can let you know the time when your warranty will expire so we can plan accordingly.  Sorry guys, but still no news on any sort of warranty extension by German Sport Guns.

thanks, what is the link to order parts? I checked the ATI website but couldn't find it

Link Posted: 8/31/2009 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#34]
has there been any update on the release of the 9mm GSG yet?
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#35]
So there is some truth to the 9mm GSG rumor? Will there be a GSG-5PK 9mm? If so, how much on price?
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Hello.  

I had my GSG-5 in your repair shop for ejector issues back in early spring.  I have only had it out to shoot twice since then as I have been too busy to shoot, but it is still not working properly.  It has continually misfires...many from each magazine.  I use 10 different mags, and they all duplicate the problem.  I am using Federal Bulk Pack.  It just seems the pin or the spring are not hitting the rim with enough force.  I'd like to get it fixed, as I have had nothing but trouble since I bought this rifle.   Please PM me with contact info so I can get it back to you guys.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:14:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556sniper] [#39]
Chris,

I have a GSG5P registered SBR that has a loose ejector. After waiting 5 months for my stamp I put less than 100rds through it and I am getting more FTF's and FTE's than shots. I put about 300rds through it with no problems before it was papered.  What are my options for repair? Being a NFA item im not sure of the legalities of shipping and such. Plus what is the turnaround time on service. Who do I contact to get the ball rolling? Thanks   Dan
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Whats the tyical turnaround time when a rifle is sent in? Fedex'ed mine in about 2 1/2 weeks ago and haven't heard a peep so far.
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/6/2009 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Good day Chris I just got my GSG-5D yestoday. I went through the instructions and noticed that it did not come with a Level indicator (Decocking too)l. What the best way for my to obtain one? I just sent in my warranty info yesterday. I did send a e mail to you too.

Cheers
Link Posted: 10/9/2009 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Hello everyone.  I just wanted to provide a brief comment on the outstanding service provided by the folks up at ATI.  After unsuccessfully trying to troubleshoot it myself, I contacted Ray regarding a feed/eject issue I was having with my GSG Carbine.  Two very brief phone calls later I sent my gun up to their shop and like magic less than 2 weeks later my gun was back in my safe all fixed up.  Havent had a chance to fire it just yet but there are certainly new parts in the weapon and given their detailed explaination of what was wrong I am confident it will shoot like a dream.  Just wanted everyone to know that they provided me with excellent customer service and thought they should get a plug for doing so.  Keep up the good work up there at ATI and I will certainly share my positive experience with the rest of my co-workers and range-mates.  You have a life-long satisfied customer.  Thanks,  Pete
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Turn around time;

It varies honestly.  Right now I'd say were at about 10 to 14 days once we receive it to get it shipped back out to you.  Lately we have had a lag in getting parts from Germany so some of the GSG's have stacked up.  We also now have many other firearms that we do service on so we have to factor those into our schedule as well.  If you have a GSG in for service and you call or email me with your name or serial I can get you a status update at any thime.  Thanks!

Sent you an email with my info since I still haven't heard anything.
Link Posted: 10/18/2009 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Do you have a replacement fake can available? If so, how much do they run? How would I go about ordering one?
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 7:32:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: echang86] [#48]
Regular carbine cans only, we do not sell the SD ones because of the pending retial conversion kit product.

Speaking of the retail conversion kit. What is the latest update on them? Are they ready to go, waiting to be shipped, pending on the law suit? Or are they still waiting to see whats legal before starting to manufacture

If you aren't allowed to give us any info on it yet, can you hint us at whether its likely or unlikely to happen?
Link Posted: 11/6/2009 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Christopher,

I sent in my GSG 5 with the RA I got from you and you should have received it this week. I tried to call and confirm it had arrived and left a msg. If you could return my call I would appreciate it.

Never shipped a gun before and am a bit nervous about the whole thing.

Thanks.

James.

The RA# is deluca159
Link Posted: 11/8/2009 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#50]
I just saw that my plastic forearm on one of my GSG-5's is cracked at the front screw hole.

I'll call Monday to get a replacement.
Page / 7
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top