Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By jackal2001:
The Missing or Flying Spring
Last Round Bolt Hold Open

Most people have encountered a problem with the bolt hold open feature of the GSG-5 not working correctly. There is a tiny spring that sits behind the breech-housing that can easily fall out when removing the breech-housing for routine cleaning. Below are pictures of the proper location of the spring. These are pictures looking directly into the breech/ejection port of the weapon.

Thank you for this. I just got my GSG and took it apart for the first time. As I was re-assembling, "clink". I found a spring on the floor and had no idea where it came from. Thanks to this thread I figured it out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread is AWESOME, I *just* read through it today for the first time, after being directed here by a board member on another forum.

I've got a GSG-5PK (1st gen) that I picked up NIB a few years ago. I haven't fired it much, and not at all recently due to a number of feeding and FTF issues I've been having with the gun. First thing I'm doing this weekend is finding and/or replacing the spring in the FIRST photo, mine's gone, and probably dropped out the first time I took the pistol down for cleaning. I've got a spare spring in my toolbox that I found about a year ago, not sure WHERE it came from but I kept it and it may be the original.

I'll also be buying some of the Federal ammo, and blue lok-tite for the three top screws, I know I've never checked them for tightness (I've only had the pistol broken down once for cleaning since I've owned it).

I bought the pistol new before the prices dropped, waaaay before the H&K lawsuit baloney...  so if the prices have gone back UP, this may be about the same in value as when originally purchased?

IIRC, I paid $515 for it about 6 months or a year after they came out, fall of 2008 or spring of 2009.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to getting this little gem back up and running again!

Gunhorde
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I finally found the solution to keeping the GSG5 from giving misfeeds.

See the video here
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot Aguila through mine because we had 10,000 rounds laying around and I quickly discovered why none of it had been shot. Plainly said, it sucked. Misfires 5 out of 10 rounds and that being low. All light strikes on a brand new GSG 522 including the first 3 rounds. I haven't shot it since and the cold definitely didn't help, but I'm definitely going to be trying CCI.

-Matt
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:35:47 AM EDT
[#5]
i'm having a strange issue that I don't see posted here. the rifle cycles and loads a round but won't cock the hammer. It is doing this every round...,rack a round, fire, next round chambers, but the hammer does not cock. ever had something like this? thanks
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#6]
This gun is new for me, so maybe I need to give it more time.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Here it is over ten years since the first post...I've just discovered I can't get the bolt to go forward - no matter what I do...it will not travel forward if I insert an empty magazine...seems to be permanently stuck in the locked open position...I'm leery of trying to disassemble it while it's in this condition...please advise
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Asylum9] [#8]
Wrong thread
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top