BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 9:50:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ptlm724] [#1]
Originally Posted By JRB64:
I overheard a guy at my local fun store ask if the GSG-5 came in .17HMR. Any thoughts on this?

The only thought that comes to mind is; why?  

The GSG-5 is not by any means a hunting gun, it's a plinker / fun gun.  It's a gun best suited for a couple 500 round boxes of bulk ammo and a bunch of cool things to shoot at with friends.    The price of a box of 50 cheap .17 HMR rounds is the same price of about 300 or more .22's...  .17 has a place in the small game / varmint hunting world, I'm sure, but in the plinking world I'd think it's a novelty that most would pass on.  I'm only assuming that you don't have one (a GSG-5 that is), either that or you have a very strong source of income / ammo.  I can't seem to shoot mine slow and in most cases run through a 500 round bulk pack at the blink of an eye  That would get REAL costly at $11+ per 50 round box...
Obviously this is just my opinion, everyone's got one yea know.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Ptlm724:
Originally Posted By JRB64:
I overheard a guy at my local fun store ask if the GSG-5 came in .17HMR. Any thoughts on this?

The only thought that comes to mind is; why?  

The GSG-5 is not by any means a hunting gun, it's a plinker / fun gun.  It's a gun best suited for a couple 500 round boxes of bulk ammo and a bunch of cool things to shoot at with friends.    The price of a box of 50 cheap .17 HMR rounds is the same price of about 300 or more .22's...  .17 has a place in the small game / varmint hunting world, I'm sure, but in the plinking world I'd think it's a novelty that most would pass on.  I'm only assuming that you don't have one (a GSG-5 that is), either that or you have a very strong source of income / ammo.  I can't seem to shoot mine slow and in most cases run through a 500 round bulk pack at the blink of an eye  That would get REAL costly at $11+ per 50 round box...
Obviously this is just my opinion, everyone's got one yea know.

I have a GSG-5 and know that the intended purpose is to plink with a gun that looks like something most of us will never own.  I am assuming that the guy that asked the question was thinking of wringing some more "performance" out of it while still utilizing a rimfire round. I don't know, I never really gave it much thought as I have other guns for HD/hunting/plinking.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By kmb147:

I would love to see PP-19 Bizon-2, Vityaz, or VSS Vintorez clone. Better yet, all three!

These would sell like hot cakes since it is impossible to get the real deal in the States. In addition, Germany and other EU members can easily get de-activated copies of these guns from Izhmash, so it would be relatively easy for GSG to get them in and replicate them (of course, some royalty/patent payments would have to be paid). I would definitely be willing to pay premium price for a clone Bizon, even if it is made in .22LR.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8554/bizon1a.jpg

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1966/vityazsn1.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4051/vssvintorez1.jpg

Hell Yeah!  I'd definitely buy the Bizon.  Some more pictures of one in this thread: http://www.akfiles.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58279

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 8:44:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smash47] [#4]
How 'bout cloning in .22 the C96 Mauser broomhandle?

One interesting version of the broomhandle was called the Schnellfeuer "Fast Fire" had a longer detachable magazine. This would make a cool semi-auto .22 pistol clone. Even a fixed mag top loader of the original would be cool.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#5]
You mean more realistic than the ol' AR-7 pistol, I assume?
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:46:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vigildom7] [#6]
What about a m1 garand or m14 or beretta m9 ??
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top