Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the GSG retractable stock and it has a ring for a sling.
Link Posted: 10/4/2008 1:05:48 AM EDT
[#2]
has anyone tried to use these airsoft lowers on their gsg5?will they fit and work?
airsoft parts
Link Posted: 10/4/2008 3:16:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive heard you have to carve out some pieces...
Link Posted: 10/6/2008 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Originally Posted By bouncer55:
has anyone tried to use these airsoft lowers on their gsg5?will they fit and work?
airsoft parts

Those CA lowers will NOT work. You can make them fit but its not worth your time. There are others that fit much better.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#5]
quick question sorry if this has been asked or wrong place but what is the effective range on one of these as in before it drops like hell and still has a little punch to it
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#6]
" Federal Value Pack has been used a lot here on the forums and has been found to be cheap, reliable, and will not lead up the barrel. Normally found at WalMart for around $11-12 for a box of 550. Copper coated, Hollow Point, 36grain. GSG-5s eat this stuff up like candy. "   ony guy said.
BUT mine must not like candy cause this stuff will not work worth a darn in mine......
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By justlaxman:
quick question sorry if this has been asked or wrong place but what is the effective range on one of these as in before it drops like hell and still has a little punch to it

I believe I heard the iron sights are zeroed to 50m by default? If so, that should give you an idea of decent range...Ive heard members say they've had positive results at 100m as well..
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#8]
ok so around 75-100 yards
thanks
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:31:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Choadlywan] [#9]
I was out with a friend a cupla weeks ago - he's got a folding stock and a genuine EOTech holo site on his...

I was plinking the 200 yard steel with it left and right.

Effective range? for a .22lr? 75~100yds -

After about 100yds the kinetic energy delivered drops VERY rapidly... which is why for varmint folks use .17 varmint rounds, as they deliver more kinetic energy at the slightly longer distances.

see a pretty article here for more info

Accurate range? at least 200yds, with some minor tennesee windage.

He didn't mean to, but he sold me one of these... I'll be picking it up this week.

Damn him.

Link Posted: 10/21/2008 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By cootercustoms:

Originally Posted By bouncer55:
airsoft parts

Those CA lowers will NOT work. You can make them fit but its not worth your time. There are others that fit much better.

Wich ones fits better, I was thinking in the CA Navy Lower, does them requiere a lot of Dremel work ?
Link Posted: 10/21/2008 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#11]
CCI Stingers shoot well from my GSG5 but it hates the Velocitors. Can anyone explain how to mount the low rise optical rail. Its driving me nuts trying to figure it out.
Link Posted: 10/21/2008 11:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/3/2008 1:53:29 AM EDT
[#13]
So I took a friend shooting today...went through the remainder of my box of Federal 550 (around 150rds left) as well as a new box of Remington Sub Sonic...

First off, the Sub Sonics...out of the 50rds, 2 seem to have fizzled...they have clean hits on the primers, but the bullets themselves are still on the cartridges, and are loosened enough to easily spin the bullets seperately from the brass...

Seems like I was plagued with issues today...both the GSG-5 and my AR-15 .22 were having FTEs and FTFires all day with both types of ammo...

Even had to borrow a pair of pliers to remove a casing jammed in the bolt...
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 2:34:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Range Report: Aguila Super Maximum Hyper Velocity Hollow Point is a WINNER!
All I can say is, WOW!  This stuff is reliable, fairly accurate, and HOT! It is nearly as fast as a magnum, hits hard and expands very well.  The best part is they cost almost half as much as CCI Stingers.

CCI Mini-Mag is the standard that I compare everything with.  My GSG loves the Mini-Mag but CCI Stingers have considerable feed problems.  The Aguila SMHV had none of the feed problems of the Stingers.

Aguila has also recently come out with the Interceptor solid point that competes with the CCI Velocitor.  Both of these 40gr. rounds are fast, hard hitting and feed better than Stingers but are no where near as reliable as Mini-Mags or the Aguila Super Maximum Hyper Velocity.

I tested with 200 rounds of Aguila Super Max Hyper Velocity HP and 200 rounds of the new Aguila Interceptor solid point.  I fired 50 rounds of Mini-Mags first to ensure everything was running smooth.  I used the same mag for all tests and alternated between Super Max HV and Interceptor so the gun was equaly dirty for both.  The scope was zeroed at 50 yrds.

Disclaimer: Bullet weight and velocity numbers are manufacturer specs. Prices are from Midway USA. Reliability and trajectory numbers were recorded from testing with my GSG-5.  Your results may vary.

Aguila Super Maximum Hyper Velocity
Reliability: 100% (200 rounds)
Bullet: 30gr, hollow point
Velocity: 1750 ft/sec
Trajectory: 1" drop at 100 yrds
Cost per 500: $30.99 ($25.49 solid point)

Aguila Interceptor
Reliability: 85% (200 rounds, mostly feed problems similar to CCI Velocitor)
Bullet:  40gr, round nose
Velocity: 1470 ft/sec
Trajectory: 2" drop at 100 yrds.
Cost per 500: $49.99

Here are some other ammo specs for comparision:

Federal bulk 525 value pack
Reliability: 93% (more than 10,000 rounds)
Bullet: 36gr, hollow point
Velocity: 1280 ft/sec
Trajectory: 3" drop at 100 yrds.
Cost per 500: $14.00 - $19.00

CCI Mini-Mag
Reliability: 98% (more than 2000 rounds)
Bullet: 40gr, round nose
Velocity: 1235 ft/sec
Trajectory: 3" drop at 100 yrds.
Cost per 500: $33.99

CCI Velocitor
Reliability: 85% (200 rounds, mainly feed problems)
Bullet: 40gr, hollow point
Velocity: 1435 ft/sec
Trajectory: 2.1" drop at 100 yrds.
Cost per 500: $55.99

CCI Stingers
Reliability: 60% (200 rounds, mainly feed problems)
Bullet: 32gr, hollow point
Velocity: 1640 ft/sec
Trajectory: 1.9" drop at 100 yrds.
Cost per 500: $54.99
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 3:06:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for your report, I think I'll try some Aguila Super Maximum
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 10:02:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Choadlywan] [#16]
Went through a box of federal bulk pack today - only 1 ftf - it was a bad round - clear strike on the primer.

Did a standard clean on it - pull the bolt, and then clean everything in sight. I'll do a better breakdown after saturday.

I'll be putting a couple more bulk boxes through it. Got a bunch of friends that are having a big "to do" - it should be fun.  

shooting 1.5 inch groups at 50yds with iron sights -

Gotta love it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I've put a few hundred CCI subsonics with no problems at all - I was surprised as I only tried it to see if it worked, and once I started, I just couldn't stop!

Anyone else tried any other subs?
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I think it was the Aquilla sub's that I used with success, but it might have been Remington.  The Aquillas would have been the SE.
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Can someone advise if the GSG-5 is gas operated or not????
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ncplinker:
Can someone advise if the GSG-5 is gas operated or not????

Uhmmmmm, no.  

Virtually ALL .22LR firearms are straight blowback action due to the comparatively low pressures of the .22 caliber.

FWIW, there are some .380acp handguns that are blowback & there was a 9mm or two as well, but I don't recall a .45acp version of one.

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 2/22/2009 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I did my first full strip today, but only almost full strip. I couldn't take apart the breach since even the smallest torx socket driver I have from Sears (for my motorcycle stuff) was way too big still. I sprayed the breech housing with gun solvent, then with brake cleaner and just oiled where I can where it slides.

Is that the only oiling point of the GSG? I couldn't tell where to oil (if any) on the trigger housing.

Maybe I do need a ultrasonic cleaner to deal with cleaning with the GSG trigger housing, my pistols and AR15 lowers. LOL
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 6:01:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Just did my taxes last night...........I'll be picking my up tonight..
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#23]
thanks for the great tutorial. i can only say "good god leave it to the germans !"  this little gun has more parts in it than my car !
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Ray at American Tactical Imports is awsome.
best customer service I've seen in a long long time.
keep up the good work.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 1:30:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By HanoverFists:
Ray at American Tactical Imports is awsome.
best customer service I've seen in a long long time.
keep up the good work.

Semper Fi

Second that ...he emailed me withing an hour with a fix to my problem.[

FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE RAY!

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Used Reminton high Velocity, green top box with yellow lower.  Had to send in the gun to ATI to get fixed as a bullet never left barrel and I shot one more into it.  OOOPPPSSS
Was told by ATI to not use any Remington ammo anymore as they have seen a few instances of this happening.
They said never a problem with federals.  Just got my gun back this week and will try some soon.  My gun only had about 150 rounds total through it too.
Love the gun, the firing rate is incredible but stay away form the Remingtons
JMO
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone ever shoot any Aquila Interceptors? Seems like a decent deal at cheaperthandirt.com

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM065-5.html
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By shudon:
Anyone ever shoot any Aquila Interceptors? Seems like a decent deal at cheaperthandirt.com

They are crap ammo for GSG-5...stay away.
Link Posted: 12/1/2009 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#29]
I have about 550 rnds through my GSG-5P

The first two were Federal High velocity rounds. they were loud. (lol)

I fired 50 rnds of federal 711B subsonic through it with NO issues, but thats my good ammo for the .22 bolt rifle.

the rest have been Remington subsonic thunderbolt rounds. runs great.
-2 FTE, the bold caught the casing as it was ejecting. minor stuff.
-NO duds.
-I misfed the casings when I loaded them into the mags and i had a few fun stoppages drills to clear them but i am 99% sure it was my bad loading of the rounds. that happened 2-3 times max. all my fault.
-the bolt sometimes doesn't hold open but that's the Promags weak springs.GSG mags were fine.

I am going to continue using the subsonic thunderbolts as they are $31/brick of 500 and they seem to work great. I guess the 9" pistol barrel can get the subsonics out just fine
Link Posted: 12/2/2009 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By xjongsangx80:

I've been using them without a problem.

They make a seriously loud crack when you fire and they have some speed behind them. As a plus they were pretty damn accurate out of my GSG too. They shot as well as the CCI's and Fed bulk.
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 2:13:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By xjongsangx80:

I love all Aguila ammo!!!! The Aguila hyper is Flat-Out the Hottest .22lr on the market.....i have loved stingers for almost 20 yrs, and they look like little girl ammo compared to the fastest Aguila....plus i sure dont mind that beautiful smell of their ammo!
Link Posted: 12/28/2009 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#32]
did anyone get ATI to send them a free replacement firing pin? I had many FTF problems with my GSG shooting winchester bulk 333 pack ammo and it seems to me like the firing pin is VERY weak sounding. I would like to take care of it myself since i will have it apart anyway cleaning it but i was told i would have to pay for all the parts. Seems kind of stupid since its a brand new gun and it shouldnt have left the factory with problems like this. Maybe i should have just stuck with my ruger
Link Posted: 2/3/2010 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#33]
This thread just made me realize how much I need one of these now!
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2010 10:39:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FLRich] [#34]
Delete
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Just wanted to say thank you to the OP for this thread.

Great information.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Any recoil springs for the GSG 1911's yet?  My GSG broke and shot the spring out the end, you guys sent me the replacement parts except the spring becuase it was on backorder.  This was back in December, so checking in to see if there are any springs yet.  Been alomst 3 months and miss being able to shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Bullfrog24:
Any recoil springs for the GSG 1911's yet?  My GSG broke and shot the spring out the end, you guys sent me the replacement parts except the spring becuase it was on backorder.  This was back in December, so checking in to see if there are any springs yet.  Been alomst 3 months and miss being able to shoot it.

You should try to contact ATI directly
Link Posted: 12/9/2012 10:38:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: postino] [#38]
Originally Posted By jackal2001:
Click Here for the full size version of the exploded [GSG-5] view diagram.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/GSG5Host1/general/exploded_small.jpg

jackal -

Do you have an exploded parts breakdown of the GSG-StG-44 yet???  

Edit: Disregard. ATI sent me one.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2012 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By jackal2001:
GSG5 Parts List by Regular122

I know it's quite late, but I created a PDF file from Regular122's work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2mr2i4ne9na7hy/PartsBreakdown.PDF?m

Hope that's of use to someone else,
Richard
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Proud new GSG owner here.  I watched all the videos, read all the threads and was putting the conversion kit on my new GSG 522 SD yesterday when I had to put it down and go pick up my daughter for dinner.  After specifcly telling everyone to leave it alone, I came home to my brand new never been fired GSG and all it's parts sitting in a pile on my work surface.  The bolt stop and half the receiver on the floor....   After taking inventory and threatening to choke out the next kid that spoke to me I've discovered that the bolt stop spring is gone.  Probably caught in someone's shoe, down the dog's gullet or who knows where.

Can anyone hook a brother up and either A) let me know where I can order replacement or B) Measure theirs so I can try and find one at a Lowes Depot.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Whiskey_D...this is a "pinned" thread, you would have done better to start a NEW thread with your question.

Anyway, to answer your question, HERE is the ATI list of links to exploded views of their firearms.  Find yours, note the number, have your serial number and date of purchase ready and call ATI Customer Service and order one.  My experience is they are VERY GOOD.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Rebooting old thread.  Just got a used GSG-5 SD.  I would like a new original handguard but have been unable to track on down online.  
Any sites you guys prefer for new OEM parts?
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top