Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 11:53:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aIIan] [#1]
eta, just because page 9 is mine...
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Alright,
So I got my Classic Army AO30M A3 stock today.  What the heck are the little "tabs" that come in the tiny bag with the sling loop?
Link Posted: 3/16/2008 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Updated main page with pictures on how to take apart the trigger housing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2008 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Just to add,
Im not too stoked about my stock.  It has quite a bit of wobble when fully extended.  I may have to "good stuff" my factory stock
Link Posted: 3/17/2008 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Trumpet:
Just to add,
Im not too stoked about my stock.  It has quite a bit of wobble when fully extended.  I may have to "good stuff" my factory stock

I have to say that I am extremely PLEASED with my CA UMP stock.  No regrets, no wobble!  Thanks again to Soup-Nazi for being the guinea pig.
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By jackal2001:

Originally Posted By JRX35:
Hey - anyone have the ability to do a field strip of the GSG-5 and put it on YouTube?  Show us where to clean and what they use, etc?

Thanks.

I don't have a video camera but may take pics, the quality of youtube sucks for videos anyway.  are you just asking about stripping down per the manual or actually taking the whole weapon apart?

I just strip it down per the manual.  Take non-chloranated brake cleaner and spray it into the breech-housing assembly (removed from the receiver of course).  I spray it down a couple of times making sure to get all the .22 powder residue and all that gritty stuff out of there.  Wipe it down throughly with paper towels as best you can.  I then put one drop of lube, I use FP10, on each of the two springs and put one drop on the inside of the breech-housing where the bolt slides .  Set that aside then.
I then just clean the barrel with a dewey nylon coated cleaning rod, pushing the rod into the receiver, out toward the barrel crown.  Clean it just like any other weapon.
Done.

anyone have a pdf of the manual that came in the box? or a link to it somewhere? i just got a used one and it didn't come w/the box or manual.
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#7]
it's on the first page of this thread at the very top.
Link Posted: 3/21/2008 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
haha, did i mention how good i am at missing the obvious?
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#9]
My GSG didn't some with the red plastic chamber guide (used to decock).  I e-mailed a guy at the factory in Germany.  He has tried to send me the chamber guide three different times and every time I get it in the mail, the envelope appears to have been cut open and the part is gone.....only an empty envelope.  Wonder where else I could get one????
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By SLIDER-in-KY:
My GSG didn't some with the red plastic chamber guide (used to decock).  I e-mailed a guy at the factory in Germany.  He has tried to send me the chamber guide three different times and every time I get it in the mail, the envelope appears to have been cut open and the part is gone.....only an empty envelope.  Wonder where else I could get one????

Honestly after looking at the way the firing pin is designed, you have a very slim chance of damaging the part that strikes the case rim.  There is a spot that sticks out further that acts as a stop.  I wouldn't worry about it at all.  If you want, just use a spent .22 case to put in there before you drop the hammer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I tried to use an empty 22 casing, but it would not fit in the chamber all the way.  I found some polymer Pachmayr snap caps on E-Bay that are designed for dry-firing.  Guess I'll order those today.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#12]
as i might've previously mentioned somewhere, i picked mine up 2nd hand from someone so no box, manual, level indicator/snap cap or the multitool...w/that said. what tool would i need to take this thing apart for cleaning?

also, is there any way to remove the front sling mount? it's impossible to fit on rail covers w/that thing in the way
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By absoludely:
as i might've previously mentioned somewhere, i picked mine up 2nd hand from someone so no box, manual, level indicator/snap cap or the multitool...w/that said. what tool would i need to take this thing apart for cleaning?

also, is there any way to remove the front sling mount? it's impossible to fit on rail covers w/that thing in the way

You should only need a flat head screwdriver and a hex wrench should fit in that metal block in the receiver.  I don't know what size it is.
Link Posted: 4/1/2008 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Originally Posted By SLIDER-in-KY:

I'd just email GSG again, I only need one more.
--The guy hiding in the bushes near your mailbox.
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By JRX35:

Originally Posted By Trumpet:
Just to add,

I have to say that I am extremely PLEASED with my CA UMP stock.  No regrets, no wobble!  Thanks again to Soup-Nazi for being the guinea pig.

+1 CA UMP Stock fit like a glove and is rock solid
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By absoludely:

You should only need a flat head screwdriver and a hex wrench should fit in that metal block in the receiver.  I don't know what size it is.

screwdriver and hex wrench will also allow me to take off the front sling mount?
Link Posted: 4/4/2008 12:52:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jackal2001] [#17]
I never looked to take it off, but there is no special tool in the kit other than the following three bits for that orange handle screwdriver tool.

Flat screwdriver bit
High torque phillips bit
Hex bit
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 2:13:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Will the  ICS MP-5 STOCK (Classic Army Tokyo) work on the GSG-5?
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 3:34:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TATTOO214] [#19]
height=8
Originally Posted By HEADHUNTER1976:

i got the tokyo mauri stock retractable new ver. end cap was plastic and the rails from stock dont slide on the gsg 5 needs to have file work done dont waste your money on this brand just my op ive read on here that the classic army one is better if your looking for a retractable?
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#20]
2 questions.

1) in coltcolt01's picture, where can i get the short/stubby foregrip?

2) has anyone had any experience with this?

light forend
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#21]
The folks at Precision are great guys.

I went to their warehouse and we tried some different things on the GSG.

I didn't try that though
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By TATTOO214:

Originally Posted By HEADHUNTER1976:

i got the tokyo mauri stock retractable new ver. end cap was plastic and the rails from stock dont slide on the gsg 5 needs to have file work done dont waste your money on this brand just my op ive read on here that the classic army one is better if your looking for a retractable?

Yeah I'd really like to get the retractable style stock, but I want a nice one, mostly metal if they exist. I'd be willing to pay for something nice.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 8:20:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bombstopr] [#23]
I just put the metal sliding folder stock on mine i got at a local airsoft store for $35. I had to file the top of the small rails inside the butt stock to make it fit easy. I then outlined the right side where it covered the ejection port and cut it out with a dremel.  

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25606811@N08/2404717577/

Link Posted: 4/8/2008 9:08:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sgt911] [#24]
moved
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 1:22:54 AM EDT
[#25]
height=8
Originally Posted By TheBadGuy2:
Does anyone know how to adjust the elevation? Mine is shooting high an I am wondering if the front sight can move up and down or what options I have

MINE DOES THE SAME ABOUT 6IN HIGH AT 25 YARDS
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#26]
You can replace the rear sight with an ICS airsoft sight that has elevation adjustment (look on page 1 of this thread) or you can fit a real HK rear sight.  The stock sights have no elevation adjustment.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#27]
height=8
Originally Posted By SEPUL:
height=8
Originally Posted By TheBadGuy2:
Does anyone know how to adjust the elevation? Mine is shooting high an I am wondering if the front sight can move up and down or what options I have

MINE DOES THE SAME ABOUT 6IN HIGH AT 25 YARDS

Another simple fix is to use some styrene plastic cut to the width of the front sight.  Glue it in place.  Leave it long enough to be able to file down to adjust zero.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#28]
FYI Mine does dead center at 10 yard, but 3 inches high at 25 yards.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:34:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LRRP-87] [#29]
I installed a real G3/91 sight I got from RTG with no modifications required. The rifle still shoots a bit low; but the sight is solid and not crap plastic. Definitely an improvement over the original. Pretty cheap also, check it out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Can you post a pic please
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: my2cents] [#31]
You can use a real Hk sight and not mod anything but there will be a gap underneath the sight base.  You could use a piece of plastic or rubber to shim it and fill the gap if you don't want to mod your receiver.

The big issue could be windage as there is almost no left windage unless you mod the receiver.  If it zeros and you don't need any more windage then you are good.  You can use a small washer on the original GSG windage screw so it will fit the HK sight snug.  The slot in the HK sight is much wider than the one in the original.  I posted pics of what an Hk sight looks like on an unmodded GSG5 in an earlier thread that has already dropped off and is not in the archive yet.

Here are the pics.

If you need more left windage you would need to cut some off of the post as shown below.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Hello all I am a new member and a new owner of the gsg-5 and need a little help finding the right sight.

I am looking for a red dot type sight, I will be using the gsg mainly for small varmint and target practice, I would like to keep the price under 100.00 us dollars.

I would think most of the shooting will be under 75yrds, would the eotech 551 clone off airsplat listed earlier in the thread work good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm very happy with my Bushnell model 73-0134.  Got it for right at $100, good build quality, dial-in choice of 2 different sized red dots, dot with ring around it, or mini crosshairs.  It's stayed right on the money since I mounted it and after about 1,000 rounds.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:55:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: my2cents] [#34]
If you've never used a red dot or Eotech type sight before I would advise checking them out before deciding what type you like.  I used to want an Eotech but after trying one they are useless to me due to my astigmatism.  I just see a huge starburst looking blob.  A small 2MOA plain red dot works great for me since even with the blooming I see a roughly 4MOA "dot".

The Tasco PDTS132 is a nice little red dot very similar to the SPOT.  Runs just over $100.  It is advertised as having a 5MOA dot but it looks a lot more like the 2MOA dot on my CompM4 to me.  Nice and small so my astigmatism doesn't make it bloom very much.  

The upcoming Vortex sight looks promising but isn't expected until June.  It is a little more expensive but will come with a free 2X doubler and is NV compatible.  

Originally Posted By protarget88:
Hello all I am a new member and a new owner of the gsg-5 and need a little help finding the right sight.

I am looking for a red dot type sight, I will be using the gsg mainly for small varmint and target practice, I would like to keep the price under 100.00 us dollars.

I would think most of the shooting will be under 75yrds, would the eotech 551 clone off airsplat listed earlier in the thread work good.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 3:11:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By my2cents:
If you've never used a red dot or Eotech type sight before I would advise checking them out before deciding what type you like.  I used to want an Eotech but after trying one they are useless to me due to my astigmatism.  I just see a huge starburst looking blob.  A small 2MOA plain red dot works great for me since even with the blooming I see a roughly 4MOA "dot".

The Tasco PDTS132 is a nice little red dot very similar to the SPOT.  Runs just over $100.  It is advertised as having a 5MOA dot but it looks a lot more like the 2MOA dot on my CompM4 to me.  Nice and small so my astigmatism doesn't make it bloom very much.  

The upcoming Vortex sight looks promising but isn't expected until June.  It is a little more expensive but will come with a free 2X doubler and is NV compatible.  

Purchased the tasco, thanks! 108.00 shipped
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Haven't seen details posted for installing the CA forearm, so here they are.

Here's a couple of shots showing the mounting collar and the very minor mods need to make it fit the GSG-5.

This next shot shows how the collar fits on the GSG-5.

There is a set screw on each side you tighten to "squeeze" the collar, which gives the CA a rock solid feel.

Link Posted: 4/22/2008 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By TDKNC:
Haven't seen details posted for installing the CA forearm, so here they are.

Here's a couple of shots showing the mounting collar and the very minor mods need to make it fit the GSG-5.

www.drstranglove.com/upload/imgs/collar-cuts1.jpgwww.drstranglove.com/upload/imgs/collar-cuts2.jpg

This next shot shows how the collar fits on the GSG-5.

www.drstranglove.com/upload/imgs/collar-fit.jpg

There is a set screw on each side you tighten to "squeeze" the collar, which gives the CA a rock solid feel.

www.drstranglove.com/upload/imgs/forearm.jpg

Your right.. haven't seen this picture of the CA system.  Thanks for sharing.  Did you have to cut the rails so it doesn't block the ejection port?

Though this is by far easier to do,  I like my G&P mod since it has a full collar to hide the underling silver screws.  The G&P one is a pain to do.. and you have to be very precise on the cuts or the collar would be too loose.  Maybe replace or paint the underlying screws wit h a black matte finish.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By Ryo:
Your right.. haven't seen this picture of the CA system.  Thanks for sharing.  Did you have to cut the rails so it doesn't block the ejection port?

Yes, I cut both side rails. The right so it didn't block the port and the left so it mached the right. I may shorten them further to match the bottom rail.

Maybe replace or paint the underlying screws wit h a black matte finish.  

They're not as noticable with the rail covers on.
Link Posted: 4/26/2008 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By TDKNC:

Originally Posted By Ryo:

Yes, I cut both side rails. The right so it didn't block the port and the left so it mached the right. I may shorten them further to match the bottom rail.

Maybe replace or paint the underlying screws wit h a black matte finish.  

They're not as noticable with the rail covers on.

Great job, where did you get the forearm?
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#41]

Next time I clean my GSG I am going to take pics and add to here.

It would be nice if you could modify the big thread for a step by step take down and reinstall part by part with pics for those of us dummies that it took hours to get it back to together. this made my AR look like a playschool toy to fully break down and put back together.

It took me an hour to figure out the small spring fell out of the receiver.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By DHSGMAN:

Next time I clean my GSG I am going to take pics and add to here.

It would be nice if you could modify the big thread for a step by step take down and reinstall part by part with pics for those of us dummies that it took hours to get it back to together. this made my AR look like a playschool toy to fully break down and put back together.

It took me an hour to figure out the small spring fell out of the receiver.

Are you only talking about a picture take down per the manual?  Just for the standard cleaning?

100%, showing in groups all parts associated with that grouping. While it would take a lot of work and patience it would be the manual to end all GSG-5 manuals.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#45]
i was cleaning mine and i found a spring. pain in but!!

jakal 2nd post help me out thanx man

When cleaning your GSG-5 be careful when you remove the breech-housing from the reciever. The breech-housing holds in place the last round bolt hold open spring. Pay attention and look to see if it is still there after you remove the breech-housing and before you put it back in.

that srping is not done well .
Link Posted: 6/16/2008 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By rajalucy:
i was cleaning mine and i found a spring. pain in but!!

jackal 2nd post help me out thanx man

When cleaning your GSG-5 be careful when you remove the breech-housing from the reciever. The breech-housing holds in place the last round bolt hold open spring. Pay attention and look to see if it is still there after you remove the breech-housing and before you put it back in.

that srping is not done well .

I am having the same problem but mine dislodged while shooting and was folded in half. I have been trying for two weeks to get someone at ATI to get back to me but that is a lost cause.[:// I just read this thread and see it is a universal problem. I have sent an email to gsg's guy listed by jackal (thanks by the way) and see what he has to say. Jackal is a life saver! BIG +1
Link Posted: 6/18/2008 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Well Rays  is sending me a new spring and in record time too. Thanks for this thread jackal! And a big +1  for GSG and Rays Armchair! Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 4:51:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Spray them on the inside with (lots of) sliconespray and thay wil run sooooooo smooooth.
I did it with all my mags, works realy great.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 9:33:48 PM EDT
[#49]
my current ammo report:

remmington gold box 550 - no issues firing, not super dirty, seems to shoot fairly straight,

aquilla hyper velocity - no issues firing, seems same speed up to 100 yards but maintains it out to 150ish. verrrry dirty. seems to shot slightly hi and left with it.

CCi hv- for some reason had stove pipes, failures to load, but was clean. i was surprised with this i use allot of cci in my SiG mosquitto target, and never had a problem.

federal 550, i have a box but havent shot them yet
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 2:44:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Two quick questions:
With the folding or collapsing stocks what do you do about sling mounts? I read one of the collapsing stocks comes with a sling mount but it doesn't work with the GSG-5.

Also how does the cap below the front sight come out? Does it unscrew?, clockwise, counterclockwise? I have the gen 2 and want to install a buffer to ease the cocking handle slam.
Page / 6
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top