Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2017 10:30:19 PM EDT
I just found my old Cold Steel Oyabun and was wondering what the market value was on these?

Pg 13

It's in near mint condition, (because nothing is really mint) and somewhere around here I have the box....

It's item number 19B and is made of AUS 8 steel and made in Japan.

Apologies if price check questions are not allowed. I looked and did not see anything  posted stating as such.

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:53:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure what they're worth as that's like the 2nd, 3rd or 4th version of the design. The guard on the original was stainless steel or something steel polished on it.

CS has been releasing copies of the original knives but on the cheap compared to the original ones.

I would rather pay more for a brass pommel and guard then a piece of plastic. Either that or bring back the version with stainless steel.
View Quote
You're confusing the Oyabun with their Classic Tanto's.
The Oyabun was only made for a short period of time, and first came out in 1998. The first versions of the Oyabun were made out of AUS8 steel and were either 7 or 9 inches in length and made in Japan.
Later versions were made with Carbon V and then 420 steel and made in Taiwan.

I wish I had purchased a Classic Tanto or a Taipan back then, but I honestly could not afford it.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top