Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2017 9:35:41 PM EDT
Recently came across white river knives at a small shop. I liked what I saw so I bought one.  We we're camping when I bought it, so I used it around the campsite etc.  I also looked up their website and a few other reviews online. I love everything about this knife! The small details are spot on. One example is that the finger cut out has rounded edges. It's a small detail but makes a world of difference when holding it!  They also had a little bit cheaper model that had paracord handle. That one didn't have the rounded edges on the finger groove.  That's what made me buy the one with the micarta handle.
   Came with a nice kydex sheath. Fit in the sheath is perfect. Edges of the kydex are finished nicely too.  But it's more about the knife. This thing fits perfectly in the hand and it's s30v so it should take a beating. It's also Razor sharp!!!  I'm going to edc it for now and see how it goes but so far I love it.
White river knives
Caper
3" blade 7" overall.
Sorry crappy pics don't do it justice.

Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice from here. good blade style, great handle material, kydex sheath all sounds like a great edc without being too huge. what is s30v anyways? I can see it has vanadium in it but is it a 300 series stainless or what? reckon I could just look it up.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:32:08 PM EDT
[#2]
ok I looked it up. It's a martinsitic crucible stainless steel. Makes vanadium carbide structure instead of chromium carbides. v carbides are more wear resistant and sharpness lasts longer.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice.  S30V is a good steel.  If you work the edge right, it can be made to be screaming sharp rather easily.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top