Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 5/28/2017 12:20:02 AM EDT
I know Arfcom collects only Albions but here are my budget swords. They are all carbon steel but far from top tier.

Starting from the top:

Hattin Falchion by Windlass. It is in the Conyers style. Appears to be an Elmslie Type 3c.
    Conyers Falchion by Deepeeka. Even though they call it a Conyers it is actually in the Thorpe style. Appears to be an Elmslie Type 1a.
    Katana by Masahiro
    Grosse Messer by Cold Steel. It is actually a kriegsmesser. Appears to be an Elmslie Type 5a.
    European Sword by Windlass. Appears to be an Oakeshott Type Xa.
    Medieval Arming Sword by Windlass. Appears to be an Oakeshott Type XIV.
    Classic Hoplite Sword by Windlass

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:25:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:12:33 AM EDT
[#2]
My collection:

Top one is an iaito from a shop I can't remember in Japan.  Second from the top is a shinken from Tozando, Edo period tsuba is the only thing old on it.

Second from the bottom is a gendaito, probably made 60 or 70 years ago, and the otanto may be a bit older.

More shots of my iaito, unsharpened, alloy blade.  It's been my practice sword for the last 11 years or so:

My Tozando shinken, live blade, don't know much about it other than the Edo period tsuba:

More shots of the gendaito, no certificate, unlikely made by anyone famous.

More shots of the otanto, no certificate, possibly older than the gendaito.

And for shits and giggles, my Atlantean:

Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a friend who does restorations on Katanas and other Japanese weapons for private clients and some museums.  Every once in a while (about 4x in the 30 years I have known him) when I go to his house he brings out pieces to show me.  It is like a private museum tour, and frankly the pieces so intimidate me because of their value I am leery to even touch them while wearing little cotton gloves, and having a handkerchief in my mouth.   They ask SO cool though.

I am envious of you fellows with nice swords, because even though I really enjoy them, I do not own any.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top