Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 5/23/2017 11:50:02 PM EDT
Why the unsharpened clip point?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#1]
In many places it's not legal.  Not outside your house.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:22:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I just recently got another Kabar, just for fun. I was surprised to see the clip wasn't sharp.

I guess local legality issues makes sense.

There's no such thing as an illegal or illegally carried knife in Kansas anymore. But, nobody seemed to mind way back when I mail-ordered one as a 15 year old kid.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:00:06 AM EDT
[#3]
because it doesn't need to be.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#4]
On a folder you don't want a live edge on the spine. On a fighter the swedge makes thrusting easier without having a sharpened edge. A false edge is also legal in many jurisdictions where double edges are not.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Its a way to lighten the blade, make it penetrate easier but stay legal since double edged knives are illegal to carry in many places.

Unsharpened gives you all the benefits with none of the legal issues.

By reducing the tip weight, a blade can feel more balanced/lively......depending on the balance it would have had without the removal of that material.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top