Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 5/17/2017 4:44:07 PM EDT
Pros, cons, comparison of the Krambit versus the P'kal?
I've been working the Shivworks "reverse grip, edge in" "ripper" method for a while and really like how it works in the clinch.
My Spyderco P'Kal folder is solid, but the transition required between deployment and use seems like something that could be fumbled or interrupted (I've done a couple of Southnarc classes and haven't screwed up deployment yet, but...).
My new fixed blade P'Kal is setup for "forward grip, edge in" use and I'm still trying to find some good material on working from that grip.
I also have a Spyderco Karambit that's lightning fast to deploy but the "reverse grip, edge out" method seems more strike oriented that clinch oriented.

Anyone have a really good source of info comparing the various P'Kal and Karambit techniques?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Your really working with two different theories on blade work with those two designs. Pick the theory you use and carry a knife that supports that style. 
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I've also had several of Craigs classes.  You should check out a knife called the Colonel.

http://www.colonelblades.com/#intro
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top