Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 5/9/2017 3:14:20 PM EDT
What are the significant differences?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What are the significant differences?
View Quote

I have both.  You can go to Spyderco's website for the dimensional differences, but first and foremost, handle shape.  

The Endura 4 has kind of a long, somewhat ungainly handle for my girly hands and the PM II's shape seems a bit more conservative/traditional.  Most PM II/III have G-10 scales, where the Endura's are FRN--fiberglass re-enforced nylon.  One has a lock back locking bar/mechanism and one has a compression lock (PM II), which is thought to be stronger, but I think that might be pickin' nits.  While the Endura comes in some specialty steels, like ZDP-189 and HAP40, the PM II comes in a plethora of different steels besides the standard S30V and my PM II happens to be CPM S110v with cobalt blue G-10 scales (that's really why I got it, lol.)

The standard Endura blades are VG10 and made in Japan, the PM IIs are completely made in America.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
In addition to ^^
PM2 has a finger choil, a bigger lanyard hole and I think a bigger spyder hole.

The compression lock is awesome.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Much better jimping on the pm2, & the finger choil is nice. Endura's have a longer blade but a very thin handle so they are more comfortable to carry for me. Love both knives but since the pm2 my endura's collect dust.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top