Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 4/24/2017 4:20:00 PM EDT
I've been looking for something new and I found the Stedemon Knife Co.  ZKC C02 Reverse Tanto Knife for around $65.  

G-10 handle, 440C blade.  Any opinions?  Am I throwing my money away?

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Stedemon-Knife-Co-ZKC-C-02-Reverse--51981
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't come across that brand, but it's a nice looking knife.

Ganzo (Firebird) is a well regarded Chinese knife brand that's 'affordable' at about $23, if you want to try out a few on the cheap.

I know Kizer is another brand, but it's a bit more money, than what you're looking at.

I'm thinking about trying this one out for $23, since it's not a lot of cash:

Ganzo Firebird Orange axis type...

Chris
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
There are some fixed blades with a very similar blade shape which are very popular for game.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Ordered one for  $60.94 on ebay.  I like the design, figured I'd give it a try.  I think it'll be an upgrade from the $20 Lightning OTF auto I've been carrying the last few years.   I had a ZT 0770 for a while, but found it a bit to small.  Hopefully this is a better fit.

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I like those translucent green scales better than the first one pictured, if that's what they look like in real life.

Great looking knife, for sure.

Chris
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I received the knife.   Nice size.  Fits my large hands well.  Nice and smooth blade deployment.   Solid lockup and no blade play.  One complaint.  The inside edge of the g10 scales could of been rounded a little.   The same could be said for the liner lock.

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Does the blade center in the handle when closed and is that liner lock as flimsy as your picture makes it look?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The blade looks to be centered.  The liner isn't as substantial as the ZT I had, but it does lockup solid.

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top