Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2017 10:17:33 AM EDT
Did a search here in this forum but did not see any threads pertaining to my interest.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Wakazashi is smaller than katana
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#2]
And more to the point.. who would be some suggested suppliers/ builders of these things? I see Amazon has some as well as about a million various websites.

Trying to separate the chaff from the wheat.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#3]
How much do you want to spend? I am selling this one. Big ol 28" head chopper from the late 1800's early 1900's.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I would say under 1000.00ish (or more depending)
Obviously something hand crafted will be more than something factory made. I can be swayed either direction. Love a work of art but it does not have to be made by Hattori Hanzo

Not that I plan to or have any aspirations to actually go twacking anyone/thing with it.. I would want it to be more than just a show piece.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.zombietools.net/

I have one of their tools/short sword.  I can say it is robust to say the least..
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Busse has a couple variants

The Rat waki and the rucki
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Ben Tendick

This guy makes a Wakizashi. I have a couple of his Kwaikens and they are beautiful.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ben Tendick

This guy makes a Wakizashi. I have a couple of his Kwaikens and they are beautiful.
View Quote

Those are really neat knives.

On my list now.

Thanks.

Jerk.

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

You guys are killin me with all of this cool shit.  I just ordered one of these. . Looks perfect to throw on an outdoor bag and is fairly "cheap".
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad I could help! I couldn't justify the cost right now or I would have one too
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I think the RAT Waki is the best deal on the market when they're making them.  The biggest problem is the smaller runs that drive up the aftermarket pricing.

My prized (non-Waki) possession is the Szabo Bushsword from Blackcloud Knives (no longer in the business).  I saw this piece in Tactical Knives magazines years ago and contact the maker Ernie Mayer...it's not an investment as I've used it several times as a machete, it's simply an amazing "long knife".

Lastly, the Hanwei Banshee is a great value for a short sword that I would highly recommend.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wakazashi is smaller than katana
View Quote
+1

The Wakazashi is better suited to the modern man.

Let's be honest, most of us weren't exactly raised with athlecism....

The Wakazashi is also better indoors.

.... And a would seriously ruin a bad Guy's day
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How much do you want to spend? I am selling this one. Big ol 28" head chopper from the late 1800's early 1900's.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/DEG169/sword/whole.jpg
View Quote
What does something like that go for? Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:06:27 AM EDT
[#16]
mcswoods on Bladeforums makes a mean cutlass...  

Production one I'd go for the Cold Steel 1917 cutlass or saber
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would say under 1000.00ish (or more depending)
Obviously something hand crafted will be more than something factory made. I can be swayed either direction. Love a work of art but it does not have to be made by Hattori Hanzo

Not that I plan to or have any aspirations to actually go twacking anyone/thing with it.. I would want it to be more than just a show piece.
View Quote
Start here. This place has lots of different brands both good and bad.
Kult Of Athena - swords, axes, maces, flails, and other medieval weapons

If you want something made by sword smith Check out Viktor Berbekucz. His website shows mostly blunts but he will do sharps. His Hungarian sabers are really nice. His prices are really good for the quality you get.Bebrbekucz Viktor honlapja
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Bumping this.....
I'm looking for a real samurai type sword.  In the the 39" range for $1K or under.  Preferably something I can use & not sit on a shelf. And something the steel is not going to snap or dent with use.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bumping this.....
I'm looking for a real samurai type sword.  In the the 39" range for $1K or under.  Preferably something I can use & not sit on a shelf. And something the steel is not going to snap or dent with use.
View Quote
Check out the zombie tools selection.  Should easily fit into your needs and budget.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Zombie tools d'capitan sabre, or the cold steel 1917 sabre
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What does something like that go for? Just curious.
View Quote
I'm asking $4,000 for it
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Busse has a couple variants

The Rat waki and the rucki
View Quote
Also the AK-47 comes in Battle grade and combat grade
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#24]
This is the Busse Combat Ruck Force One, unfortunately it was a very limited run and I haven't seen any for sale on the secondary but it's a little smaller than what you're after. I would highly suggest it's big brother the Busse Ak47.

Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Here are some sellers, click on the links:

Japanese swords

Japanese swords

Nihonto Antiques

If I had the money and I wanted a new genuine Samurai sword (not the fake, BS made by companies in China or other low budget cheap copies), then I would have one commissioned by a real Japanese sword smith in Japan. Check the link below. If I had the money I'd have done this a long time ago.

Commissioning a Japanese sword
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bumping this.....
View Quote
For that price you'd be lucky to find an old, beat up/rusted up damaged blade sword useful only as a curio. A real samurai sword in good to excellent condition will run anywhere from $5,000-$50,000. There is a lot of junk being sold that are not authentic Japanese samurai swords made by real Japanese sword smiths. There are also Japanese swords that are not samurai swords that were cheaply made for lower level officers in the Imperial Japanese army that were made in factories (machined and not made by the traditional, intricate forging process that takes a skilled sword smith to hand make)and frequently brought back by veterans who fought in WWII.

Click the link for commissioning a real Japanese samurai sword. Actually forget it. It'll cost you a lot more than $1,000 and take 6 months to several years to get one made.

The Japanese Sword
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought a Zombietools one...should have it next month. It will work for my needs.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ben Tendick

View Quote
I've only chatted with him via Instagram, but he seems to be a genuinely nice dude too. He works with 2 other makers on perfecting the heat treat of CPM 3V, using their newer "delta" protocol, and gets some impressive results from the steel.

One of Ben's larger blades is on my bucket list.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top