Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 3/3/2017 8:05:45 PM EDT
I recently acquired a used Infidel. I'm not sure where to begin with sharpening it. It appears beveled only on one side, like a chisel edge. Should I bevel the other side as well, or sharpen the existing edge and debur the back?

Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd send it to Benchmade and let them do it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd be down with that, but it's an OTF and seems like a pain. Looks like they won't accept it without LE or military ID, or from a retailer.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd be down with that, but it's an OTF and seems like a pain. Looks like they won't accept it without LE or military ID, or from a retailer.
View Quote

I've got an original bead-blasted 9000s AFO (without safety) similar to your above AFO and I still have the original box and inserts from the mid 90s, saying you need the sign-offs from .mil/LEO, for any work to be done.

Two things about the Infidel:  are you ever going to want to sell it?  I'd keep the 'chisel grind'.

I wouldn't reprofile and would just keep the chisel grind if I knew how to sharpen, adeptly, or I'd learn how to sharpen on beater knives before I attempted it.

If you're just going to use this as a working blade, then have at it!

Chris
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

IM me if you want to send it back to them, might be able to figure something out...
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I needed mine sharpened very badly about 6 months ago. Wasn't going to sell it so I just had my knife guy change the grind so in the future it could get re-edged more readily.
Honestly it's my EDC beater so I'm not concerned. I can ship it back eventually if I REALLY want to but it's a work knife so I don't really think I will.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I plan on carrying it often and making it a user. I touched up the chisel edge yesterday, but I think I'll end up having someone with a better setup re-contour it. I use a sharpmaker and it would take forever on it.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top