Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 2/18/2017 3:28:08 PM EDT
Love my 0301. Just a bit large for EDC. Still, love the fuck out of this knife and the bar has been set.

Enter my 0566CF. Love the profile & weight. However, not really impressed with the Elmax steel or the assist opening. ( Out of box not sharp & much needed pressure to open. )

However, I've decided to keep working with this knife. ( need to get a Strop for finishing the edge & am actually getting comfortable with the assist )

Main question though. The Carbon Fiber scales are just to damn slick.

Aftermarket alternatives ?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:50:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Just ordered a 450cf from bladehq. I liked that it seemed smooth. Now ya have me secound guessing. Guess i will see how it feels when i get it. This is my fist ZT.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The scales on the 450cf aren't as slick.

There are a lot of aftermarket scales for the 0566. Ripps Garage Tech sells some nice ones and he's an Arfcommer. If not Gator Scales,  Sketchin Scales,  DeathofAllThings on Bladeforums.com make some good ones.

DO you have the matte finished scales or the polished scales?

Elmax is a great steel, once you get that edge popping you'll love it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Star
I figured you would be the guy with the info.

They are the matte finish. Guess i prefer the G10's on my Kershaw Skyline & Benchmade HK Axis blades.

Thanks again for the info.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Ordered up the ZT0566 in M390, should be here later this week. Will certainly need to look into some scale options.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top