Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 2/7/2017 4:27:36 PM EDT
I have a large bowie (12" blade) and was wondering where I could send it out to for some modifications.  Things like adding a fuller, some jimping on the spine, and then repolish it to it's current mirror shine.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Northern Knives in Alaska did some work for me. I would use them again if I needed more work done.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Judging by watching Forged in Fire a fuller would pretty much require machining or reforging.  Either way the knife probably would need to be annealed, modified, hardened, Tempered finished and reassembled.  Machining without annealing would require pretty awesome cutting tool I'd imagine.

I think it would be more trouble than it is worth and you may still not be happy with the result.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Judging by watching Forged in Fire a fuller would pretty much require machining or reforging.  Either way the knife probably would need to be annealed, modified, hardened, Tempered finished and reassembled.  Machining without annealing would require pretty awesome cutting tool I'd imagine.

I think it would be more trouble than it is worth and you may still not be happy with the result.
View Quote

I suppose that's possible, I never really thought about it.  Still going to see if it's possible though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Josh at razor edge knives does some great work, I've had some knives bead blasted, cerakoted and finger choils cut in, has a great reputation on bladeforums as well.

RazorEdgeKnives
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top