Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/31/2017 6:53:14 PM EDT
I have a meyerco cqb (154cm steel) I would like to get professionally sharpened. Anyone got a recommendation? There is no one local to me so it has to be someone that takes mail-in items.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good opportunity to learn.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Send it here

http://www.razoredgeknives.com

Josh is great and will treat you right.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Seriously...why not just sharpen it?

Its a 5 minute job and it will be shaving sharp...
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a Lansky knife sharpener.  Works extremely well.  Very precise and sharp edges.
mm
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Send it here

http://www.razoredgeknives.com

Josh is great and will treat you right.
View Quote

This guy's is well regarded
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy a hard Arkansas stone and you can do it yourself in 10 minutes or less depending on the present condition. I can shave with any of my knives!
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I plan on learning how to do it myself over the summer. I can't learn now, as I am a tax accountant and it is the beginning of tax season. Hello 60-80hr weeks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I plan on learning how to do it myself over the summer. I can't learn now, as I am a tax accountant and it is the beginning of tax season. Hello 60-80hr weeks.
View Quote

My wife is an Enrolled Agent so I know what you mean.

There's a maintenance section of bladeforums for when you have time to learn.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:44:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Are you wanting perfection or just a working edge?
Its not hard to get a sharp edge.
You could use wet/dry sandpaper on a desk and have a good working edge in a couple of minutes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:02:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Spyderco Sharpmaker

I use this system.   It will give you a near razor edge in just a few minutes and is extremely easy to use.  If I want my knife razor sharp I'll use a leather strap after sharpening with the Spyderco Sharpmaker.

Anyone using the Wicked Edge?  I'm thinking about getting one to try out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Spyderco Sharpmaker

I use this system.   It will give you a near razor edge in just a few minutes and is extremely easy to use.  If I want my knife razor sharp I'll use a leather strap after sharpening with the Spyderco Sharpmaker.

Anyone using the Wicked Edge?  I'm thinking about getting one to try out.
View Quote

I have one and love it.

What I do is use the Wicked Edge to re-profile the edges to 18 degrees per side.

Then is use my SharpMaker to make a micro bevel of sorts using the 40 degree setting (20 per side)

This makes touch ups quick and easy. A few swipes on the SM and I'm good to go again.

I don't have the Gen 3 clamp. I have a Gen 1 clamp but the upgraded arms.

I recommend using a digital angle finder to set the angles. I don't even look at the marked angles on the WE arms.

I know they are pricey but they make putting a flawless factory looking edge on any knife easy.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top