Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 9/20/2016 2:17:49 PM EDT
Made this today, looks like shit compared to my first knife. But this is tool steel, so I can harden it. The stock was 1/4" thick so that made it a much bigger pain to work with. Blade is 1/8". Tang is still 1/4" with stainless scales I just put beads on for grip.

Ugly as shit, but I don't think I'll break it. Anyone else got a knife built like a tank?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone else got a knife built like a tank?
View Quote

I just recently sold a fullsize Tom Brown Tracker
1/4" thick, ~12" long, 21oz....

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting, that blade doesn't look like 1/4"... must just be the perspective? If it was 12" long...that's probably why.

Still got to do a bit of finish work on this thing and then harden it, then the fun of sharpening.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting, that blade doesn't look like 1/4"... must just be the perspective?
View Quote

perspective
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Lol, that's crazy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a Bark River Bravo Pig Sticker and it's a beast of a knife, .25" thick of 154cm.  Except for the fuller and the slight swedge and convex grind, it's that thick all the way, minus the last inch of the blade.
It's overall just over 14" long and 18.25oz. Not too bad.
ETA: correction. Clarification.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top