Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 9/18/2016 9:41:21 PM EDT
Hello guys-
I'm a father of four. Three of witch are in the Army. I had knives made for the two and now looking to have one made for the third boy before being deployed. I do have a piece of D2 steel along with a pair of scales. Is there anyone out there that would like to take on this job? As a father it means a lot to me to give them something they will need as did my father many years ago. A little back story on the steel I have.... I picked this steel with scales some years ago knowing this day would come. I believe it's a Microtech blade. Give me a few min and I will post a few pics of what I have.

I just wanted to give everyone an update...
First off, I just want to say thank you to Smithy for offering his services and doing  everything possible to meet a tough deadline. Smithy gave me an update and a photo of his work. I cannot wait to see the look on my boy's face when I hand this to him. I'm very grateful for your help.

Here are a few updated pics I just received from Smithy of the finished knife. I must say I'm truly grateful to you for everything you have done for my son and me. I had a very small window to get this done before deployment and Smithy made that happen. I can't wait to hand it over to my boy. That thing looks bad ass.

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Great Job  raising the kids.......  If the staff  can set up a fund page I'd be glad to help.......

Quoted:
Hello guys-I'm a father of four. Three of witch are in the Army. I had knives made for the two and now looking to have one made for the third boy before being deployed. I do have a piece of D2 steel along with a pair of scales. Is there anyone out there that would like to take on this job? As a father it means a lot to me to give them something they will need as did my father many years ago. A little back story on the steel I have.... I picked this steel with scales some years ago knowing this day would come. I believe it's a Microtech blade. Give me a few min and I will post a few pics of what I have.
http://httpm z/i65.tinypic.com/adhnow.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2016 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Great Job  raising the kids.......  If the staff  can set up a fund page I'd be glad to help.......

Thanks for the kind words...I'd be more than willing to pay for your services. I raised my kids on this site and I would like to have a fellow member here do the work. It would mean a lot to me as well as it would to my boy.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for the kind words...I'd be more than willing to pay for your services. I raised my kids on this site and I would like to have a fellow member here do the work. It would mean a lot to me as well as it would to my boy.

Quoted:

Hello guys-I'm a father of four. Three of witch are in the Army. I had knives made for the two and now looking to have one made for the third boy before being deployed. I do have a piece of D2 steel along with a pair of scales. Is there anyone out there that would like to take on this job? As a father it means a lot to me to give them something they will need as did my father many years ago. A little back story on the steel I have.... I picked this steel with scales some years ago knowing this day would come. I believe it's a Microtech blade. Give me a few min and I will post a few pics of what I have.

http://httpm z/i65.tinypic.com/adhnow.jpg

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#3]
What time frame are you looking at? I would be happy to finish it out for no charge. We can talk through IM about details if your interested. Let me know.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What time frame are you looking at? I would be happy to finish it out for no charge. We can talk through IM about details if your interested. Let me know.
View Quote

That deserves an atta-boy. Good man Smithy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would never pass up an opportunity that would get a knife I worked on in the hands of someone that could stab our enemies in the face!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]
IM in bound. ...
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Just a quick update. I've had the knife for a few weeks now. I kept the profile pretty much the same.  

I changed the angle on the Tanto tip just a little bit. I also left the tip a bit thicker, it seems like the tips are always the first thing to break off on a duty knife.

I used 3/8" titanium chain ring bolts for the handle fasteners.  They are shiny and will get bead blasted.

I will be shipping it out for heat treating on Tuesday.  I will be on track to finish it by late october.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks badass.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Now thats a slab of metal!  looks great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks good.  Nice grinds...
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks. Its different getting to work on a profile that's not your own. The knife is a beast!! It will make a great duty knife for a soldier.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 5:12:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Update with pics. Thanks Smithy!!!

Edit: I've been so involved in looking at the knife I just realized.... there's a rifle in the pic. Nice rifle!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Good work Smithy and OP
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well done sir.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Awesome thread
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for trusting me with this task. It was a pleasure.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice looking knife, and good job there Dad.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Nice looking knife, and good job there Dad.
View Quote
Thanks...I am a very proud Dad.

Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Awesome thread, and good on both OP and Smithy for doing this.

ETA- forgot to add, that is an awesome looking knife.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top