Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2016 5:00:59 PM EDT
I think Tops deserves (like ESEE) its own thread.....here's my SXB and BOB!

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Only own one, a Frog Market Special. Use it in the kitchen.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only own one, a Frog Market Special. Use it in the kitchen.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8861/28306160800_9f19809646_c.jpg
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:19:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Us Combat Knife
Black Rhino
TOPS/Buck Nighthawk

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Bad ass...the Rhino will be my next blade!
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bad ass...the Rhino will be my next blade!
View Quote

It's an awesome knife.
I was going to hang it on my war belt, but decided I needed something a bit longer and pointy-er so I got the US Combat Knife
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Boom / Cut

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#12]

That Tahoma has seen some use.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Very nice collection there, delirious! How do you like the Wild Pig Hunter? I just ordered the green micarta one. I would have gotten the Blackout Edition but I'm into leather more than kydex. I was actually looking for the Kizlyar Phoenix 1 but can't find one ANYWHERE!
I can't wait for my Tops knife to get here!
ETA: correction. Also almost at 10k posts! Might have to stsrt a picure thread myself.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Very nice collection there, delirious! How do you like the Wild Pig Hunter? I just ordered the green micarta one. I would have gotten the Blackout Edition but I'm into leather more than kydex. I was actually looking for the Kizlyar Phoenix 1 but can't find one ANYWHERE!
ETA: correction. Also almost at 10k posts! Might have to stsrt a picure thread myself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I haven't used it yet.   I have the black and the regular.   What I do like is that you put this knife right into a snake boot on the inside if you do plan on using it for pig hunting.  Don't know if I have the guts to go one on one with a wild pig though.  It's happened to me once when I was bow hunting.  Took out the back legs but the critter still came at me on the front two legs.  I did use a different knife to put him down.   I love the knife though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I haven't used it yet.   I have the black and the regular.   What I do like is that you put this knife right into a snake boot on the inside if you do plan on using it for pig hunting.  Don't know if I have the guts to go one on one with a wild pig though.  It's happened to me once when I was bow hunting.  Took out the back legs but the critter still came at me on the front two legs.  I did use a different knife to put him down.   I love the knife though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got my Wild Pig Hunter in Monday. I started a thread with a short review here and I'll try to figure out how to post pics in this thread and mine this weekend.  I'm really diggin' this blade!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 11:03:39 PM EDT
[#19]
God i love tops knives this silent hero is the nicest and my favorite knife i own now, but the sheath the send with is so terrible and useless for trying to attach it to a kit or anything tactical :/ guess i gotta find a custom kydex maker.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I put up a couple of coyotes with the Backwoods Skinner today. It performed pretty well, but I think it would be better suited for larger game. Hopefully as it gets duller I will be able to speed up some. This will be my last knife that has the stupid paint/coating that Tops and ESEE puts on their knives though. I hate that shit.

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:18:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 12:39:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Ok, I've been eyeballing that cheetah xl every time I pop into this thread and it just looks better and better each time I look at it.
Do you like it? And what's the difference between it and the regular cheetah? The scales on yours are what I'm looking for. Might have to be a Christmas present to myself.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 12:15:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Wife got me the TOPS Ferret for my birthday!

It may be short, but like all TOPS knives, its a thick blade.  
Here it is next to an Esse 3:

And an updated family pic!

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I was playing with 550 cord wrapping the handle on a new Izula when I was thinking about how it annoys me that melting the end of the cord always leaves a globby knob that can be a nuisance sometimes when undoing knots. So I plotted to possibly drill a hole in the scales on my BOB and my Tahoma that I could melt the cord and push it into to make a more uniformed bulb when melted. Just out of curiosity I pushed the cord through the lanyard hole on the Tahoma, lit it and waited til it had a little flame going then pulled it halfway back through the hole. I saw the flame go out, waited a second and pulled it the rest of the way out it had a perfectly cylindrical shaped end instead of a blob. The best part was that it could still be fed through the lanyard hole.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:32:12 AM EDT
[#25]
I appreciate this thread.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I wonder how many remember Ron Hood's first run of Hoodlum knives were made by TOPS:

ROCK6
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top