Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2016 1:56:02 PM EDT
Anyone have info on the knife below?

7" blade
12"OAL
1/8" thick blade
full tang

I picked it up at a gun show this morning. Really good feeling knife.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a standard USMC/USN Mark Two "Ka-Bar" type combat knife.

Starting in mid-WWII the stamps were moved from the blade to the front of the guard to prevent the blade from breaking through the stamps.

For that reason, I'm going to guess that this is a post-war commercial Camillus model.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a standard USMC/USN Mark Two "Ka-Bar" type combat knife.

Starting in mid-WWII the stamps were moved from the blade to the front of the guard to prevent the blade from breaking through the stamps.

For that reason, I'm going to guess that this is a post-war commercial Camillus model.
View Quote

1980's Issue USMC fighting knife. I have one bought new in the brown cardboard box with NSN and cage code for $17 in 1982 or 83. Good knife but just like all reduced tang knives it suffers from weakness at the hilt. It is also low rockwell hardness to make it less brittle and easy to sharpen. The brown coating on the handle and sheath is mildew resistant but not mildew proof. Still have minebut I have better knives now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. I didn't pay much for it, it is in very good shape and very sharp. I have other knives for hard work.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top