Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2016 5:49:48 AM EDT
I drunkenly bought a TOPS Prather War Bowie on a whim browsing amazon one night, and I love it.

I have Esse knives for being practical, but I wanted a "cool" knife to mess around with.

I have it shaving sharp and love it, but I hate the sheath it comes with. Nylon crap with 2 retension straps that the knife nicks every time I unsheathe it.

Who makes good aftermarket sheaths?

I only have experience with kydex, but a nice leather sheath would be cool since its a Bowie, go for that old school meets new look.

Any help finding something would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't see any leather ones but there is a Kydex one on Ebay if you do a search.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't see any leather ones but there is a Kydex one on Ebay if you do a search.
View Quote

I found that one on ebay, and followed the users profile to their own site.

Looks legit and good reviews, and very well priced, I'll go with them.

Thanks man
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#4]

I prefer the look of leather, but with the location of the clasp I worried it would eventually get cut off from the blade being drawn
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out bpgunleather on Facebook.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:50:17 AM EDT
[#6]
apparently I was having a retarded moment
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:51:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I prefer the look of leather, but with the location of the clasp I worried it would eventually get cut off from the blade being drawn
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Accidently cutting off the retention strap is a real concern.
However it can be avoided with care. You just cannot practice being "Quick Draw McGraw" and expect it to stay intact.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:57:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Oops
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I can make a sheath for you. Hedgehog leather works I'm not, however what I can make for you will last (with proper care)..
The pictured sheath above s ideal and will last, it's a common design. You just have to be mindful when drawing the blade.
I, like other knife sheath makers will have to have Your blade in order to make the sheath ( I cannot afford to buy every knife out there)
I.m. me if you are interested.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top