Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 5/3/2016 10:01:56 AM EDT
Anybody else have one break on them?  I have a Manix 2 and caught the clip on a door frame. Just started to bend it back and it snapped. I thought I was dealing with stainless but this looks like cast metal on the inside of the break. I was using my thumb with the clip set in a bench vise like I've done with many other knives.  Have an email in to CS but wanted to see if this is a "thing" with their clips.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Call spyderco, I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Never had an issue with a spyderco clip.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:41:50 AM EDT
[#3]
A few years ago I had one of my Spyderco's in my pocket and caught it on a barn door. Believe it was the Rescue model, but not 100% sure. Popped off the clip which was lost in the grass. Called Spyderco customer service and explained to the very nice lady that I needed to order a new clip and screws, also told her right up front that it was NOT a warrenty issue as it was entirely my own fault and that I would gladly pay for the clip and screws. She flat out refused to charge me and I received the clip and screws in a couple of days. Spyderco has great customer service. It's best to call them direct as opposed to email though from what I have heard.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually the best they will do for me after an email including a picture of where it broke, is having me buy a new clip plus shipping from their "outlet store"

I ordered an aftermarket ti clip as well as one in carbon fiber. I'll see how those do before sending Spyderco some more money. ZT replaced my clip under warranty last time I sent that one in for sharpening. Oh well, their company, their rules. No biggie.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:59:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive bent a few of them in a variety of ways.  Ive done it with a variety of brands as well.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:02:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been carrying one everyday for the last 7 years, never had one break.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:19:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I've been carrying one everyday for the last 7 years, never had one break.
View Quote

Same here.  And one on my beater folder.  I find it hard to grasp that given its springiness - that it could be cast.

Spyderco is a good company.  If you bent it back beyond a reasonable limit due to accident - thats not on the materials.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Never broken a clip.  Lost a screw.  See my recent thread on subject.  My experience was awesome.  Good luck, let me know if you want the email of the agent I talked with.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Actually the best they will do for me after an email including a picture of where it broke, is having me buy a new clip plus shipping from their "outlet store"

I ordered an aftermarket ti clip as well as one in carbon fiber. I'll see how those do before sending Spyderco some more money. ZT replaced my clip under warranty last time I sent that one in for sharpening. Oh well, their company, their rules. No biggie.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I emailed Benchmade about a knife I bought from someone with no box or anything and wondered where I could get a deep carry clip. All the rep who responded my email asked was the address to send a new deep carry clip to. Even came with new screws. I was very upfront that I got it from an individual and not a dealer, and had no idea how old it was, but that I liked the way their deep carry clips make the knife ride.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh well, I've never dealt with spyderco c.s.  I have with ZT, they were top notch.

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top