Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool pics Knightenforcer. It looks like you matched the original shape of the Team Gemini scales pretty accurately.

I took a couple more glamour shots of the two Mofo Crusaders. I'll probably be parting with these soon.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh my God thats so sick!
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah man, That's a beauty for sure.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got off the phone with Pokey,  placed my order for a Urban Grudge LE with green canvas micarta.  Very excited for this one
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got off the phone with Pokey,  placed my order for a Urban Grudge LE with green canvas micarta.  Very excited for this one
View Quote

Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
So, I've been busy getting things fixed in our Home, that I have neglected my Busse.
Here's my TGLB, after a buff and polish with a Dremel. It's now very close to the satin finish as compared to my 14 TG.
This is why I love INFI btw. (Hard to believe its the same knife I beat and used for batoning in the previous page)
In the pics are the Zebra and Pardauk wood blanks from the bay, for a future project.
Also, the Micarta scales that I'm STILL working on...lol.

-

-

-

-

-

-
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Keeping this thread alive....
Here's my recent attempt at wood scales for my TGLB. (Using scroll saw and Dremel)
I must say that the Zebra wood came out nice and it really looks great in person.
The texture is also very nice and feels very good in my hands.
I used titanium screws and 1/4" connectors that I got recently from usaknifemaker.

-

-

-

-

-

-
Also, just got these 2 today. (from BF exchange)

-

-

-

Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome idea on the dremel buff Can you go into a bit more detail? Did you just put one of those sanding wheels on the dremel?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks.
I used the Dremel abrasive buffs similar to these:
http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-EZ684-01-Lock-Sanding-Polishing/dp/B002L3RV4M/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1460080391&sr=8-5&keywords=dremel+ez+lock+abrasive+buff
I started with the medium, then finished with the fine grit.
It wasnt hard, you just got to take it easy esp around the edges.
I did one side at a time, from the font of handle to the tip.(slow but sure)
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Let me just whip this out.....
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Got these 2 recently from the exchange, one was from a trade.
Basic 4 LE anorexic and Infi RMD.

-

-
Swamp Rat INFI RMD,
Before and after some Dremel buff and polish.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 1:50:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are the scales on this knife tan canvas or something else?
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's tan canvas. Nice and grippy when wet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Recent acquisitions (good deals) from BF and the bay.
A stripped TG in SR101 and BattleSaw with black micarta.

-

Group pics

-
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Beautiful group you have there.  Let me know if you get tired of any of the duplicates...
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Just got in an Team Gemini in SR101......time to start sharpening the thing.  It came sharper than I am used to Busse-kin coming, but it's still.....lack luster in comparison to the edge I require.

I love the knife though, great balance.  I was wondering how not being a LB would affect things, but in all honesty I don't know how the balance could be better.  it's a little weight forward, but neutral enough in hand that it handles nicely.

The coating is way nicer/slicker than my Rodent 6 coating is, and I quite like the Tanker Gray/Gray handle (probably my new favorite color combo).  I've been pondering stripping my R-6, but this BGTG looks sharp the way it is.  Once the coating is worn off, I'll probably strip the blade (leave the handle coated)....but for now, no reason to bother.

ETA:  A few hours of reprofiling later.....goal:  20deg each side.

I have yet to get one side finished.  This thing is way harder to grind than my R-6 was.  I don't know if Busse does their HT different on the same steel or what......but jeez.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Congrats, post pics when you get a chance
As you can prb tell, I like my Busse stripped /uncoated  (with exception of the battlesaw) lol.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Beautiful group you have there.  Let me know if you get tired of any of the duplicates...
View Quote

Thanks!...will do
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Busse BIG ASH-1

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Congrats, post pics when you get a chance
As you can prb tell, I like my Busse stripped /uncoated  (with exception of the battlesaw) lol.
View Quote

Yes, it was hard to miss.  If it was infi I'd strip it in a heartbeat......I too like naked steel......but in SR-101, the coating is nice to have.  The logo on my R-6 got a little rusty and I had to take a brass brush to it.

Finally got done sharpening the thing.....so here you go.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 1:45:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Nice pics guys!
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I got a new HG-55  and this thread needs to be back at the top

With my HG-55 LE
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Very cool man Like those HG's.
So far, nothing new for me...except I've been using the TRASH-1 for all around chores, utility etc.. And it also took care of some pesky shrubs that have grown beside my shed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice trash Knight! Gotta love that res-c for a work horse!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top