Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/22/2016 10:10:02 PM EDT
My price range is around 100 +/- . I am in IL and I think the law is 3 inches. I am looking for a folder with a nice quick assist.   What do you have?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Zero Tolerance has some knives close to that range. I have an 0350 and I absolutely love it. They are a little heavy but they are quality American made knives
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have found ZT knives for 200 +.  I would love one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not assisted, but IMHO the king of $100 EDC knives is the Benchmade Griptilian.  Two sizes, a bunch of blade shapes, options for plain or coated, part serrated or no, thumb hole or stud.  Fantastic lock.  Oh yeah, and a great ergonomic handle that is comfortable and far more stable than a hard-edged slab.

If it has to be under 3", look at the mini-griptilians.  I've got a Cabela's model in D2 steel that I'll never part with.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
spyderco endura are nice.

not assist,but the hole is quick.

clown
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Not seeing a 3 inch blade limit here. http://www.knifeup.com/illinois-knife-law/

Could be a Shitcago knife ordinance.

If blade limit isn't an issue, ZT and Benchmade make great assisted folders.

If blade limit is an issue, only small assisted opener I can think of right now is a Kershaw Leek.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the Kershaw Cryo might be one that is assisted and under 3" (2.75" according to Blade HQ), another from Kershaw is the Camber which is right at 3". Blade HQ has pretty much any knife on the market you could want and you can narrow down with the search filters. I am a Kershaw fan so these few are the first on the list I recognized.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Kershaw Leek fits the bill.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]
From recommendations here, I went and finger banged a bunch of knives at Smoky Mountain Knife Works (they have anything and everything)...I went with a Spyderco Delica 4 and love it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys it will be a ZT 350 or 300. I am leaning towards the 350. I really can't tell the difference between the two.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:00:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not assisted, but IMHO the king of $100 EDC knives is the Benchmade Griptilian.  Two sizes, a bunch of blade shapes, options for plain or coated, part serrated or no, thumb hole or stud.  Fantastic lock.  Oh yeah, and a great ergonomic handle that is comfortable and far more stable than a hard-edged slab.

If it has to be under 3", look at the mini-griptilians.  I've got a Cabela's model in D2 steel that I'll never part with.
View Quote

Mini grip in fde d2 steel is damn near a perfect blade for edc
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top