Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2015 6:32:35 PM EDT
Hey guys, I need some help. I sent my old 14700 auto in for new blade and repairs due to mine breaking. Well its discontinued and so It cant be fixed. They are willing to give me a good discount on a new knife because of this but I cant decide what to get. I'm a LEO and I will use the knife for anything and everything, and yes I want another auto. Any suggestions and first hand experiences are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
After using someone else's I would go with the AFO 2 in your flavor of blade, serrations and satin or black coating. It's a beast.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
5000 Auto Axis Presidio. Badass heavy duty knife.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I would look at the AFO II or Auto Stryker. I haven't been real happy with the Auto Axis mechanism (I have a 5500 and a buddy has the 5000. Both seem to get sluggish quickly).
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#6]
2750 adamas?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Sand griptillian drop point
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the same Benchmade 14700 as yours. Mine is practicaly like new because I never use it. I actually prefer my plain Griptillian over it because I am left handed and find it very difficult and clumsy to operate the 14700 with my left hand.

Unfortunately, I recently lost my Griptilian and once again I am searching for a replacement.  Does Benchmade offer an Auto with ambi controls? Or does any other manufacturer for that matter?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or does any other manufacturer for that matter?
View Quote

Microtech and I am sure a few others for OTF models.

Hairymoose, check out the Pro-Tech line of knives as they offer some pretty affordable side opener's.  My TR-3 has been very good to me, opens fast and has kept a good edge.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have the same Benchmade 14700 as yours. Mine is practicaly like new because I never use it. I actually prefer my plain Griptillian over it because I am left handed and find it very difficult and clumsy to operate the 14700 with my left hand.

Unfortunately, I recently lost my Griptilian and once again I am searching for a replacement.  Does Benchmade offer an Auto with ambi controls? Or does any other manufacturer for that matter?
View Quote

The AXIS autos are ambi
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would look at the AFO II or Auto Stryker. I haven't been real happy with the Auto Axis mechanism (I have a 5500 and a buddy has the 5000. Both seem to get sluggish quickly).
View Quote

What do you mean when you say they become sluggish?  I presume that you mean dirt and grime slow down the physical speed of the auto mechanism? Or do you just mean they are clumsy to open?
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What do you mean when you say they become sluggish?  I presume that you mean dirt and grime slow down the physical speed of the auto mechanism? Or do you just mean they are clumsy to open?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slowed down/stopped due to dirt. Mine was ok after blowing with compressed air and lubing but a buddy has had to send his back twice, I believe they replaced springs and cleaned. While that can happen with any they seemed to be less tolerant than others I've used.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Slowed down/stopped due to dirt. Mine was ok after blowing with compressed air and lubing but a buddy has had to send his back twice, I believe they replaced springs and cleaned. While that can happen with any they seemed to be less tolerant than others I've used.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, thanks for the clarification.  I looked at a axis auto last night at the store. I can see where they are much more open on the backside of the knife compared to the 14700 that I have. Thus allowing dirt and debris to enter easier.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top