Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2015 9:39:09 AM EDT
Looking to pick up an ultratech and noticed they now come with a tri grip pattern on the handle. YouTube reviews seem to give it good marks but I'd like to hear from you guys on your thought about the ultratech and the new tri grip.

ETA: will be carried for the sole purpose of defense. Have a ZT0350 for heavier jobs
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I jjust got mine in the mail today.  Frigging Sweet.  I bought a makora a few years back.  Carried it for a couple of weeks and sold it.  It was nice but it was big.  And I could never bring myself to actually use a 400 dollar knife.  I can already tell I'll carry this one for a long time.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I jjust got mine in the mail today.  Frigging Sweet.  I bought a makora a few years back.  Carried it for a couple of weeks and sold it.  It was nice but it was big.  And I could never bring myself to actually use a 400 dollar knife.  I can already tell I'll carry this one for a long time.
View Quote

Thanks for the feedback. Ill get mine ordered soon
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I like mine.  I carry it on my off hand side at work more as a backup weapon than anything.  It fires hard,  the clip design and retention is good as well as reversible,  the new ball bearing glass breaker is an improvement over the old pointy titanium one,  it is laser beam sharp.  Fun to play with and get on the wife's nerves. It's also light weight so I carry it in my gym shorts when I jog.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm glad I waited for the tri grip. Looks to be a significant improvement. Local knife dealer wants $230 otd for them
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm glad I waited for the tri grip. Looks to be a significant improvement. Local knife dealer wants $230 otd for them
View Quote

It is very grippy. There is also a dealer exclusive at monkey edge with their signature frag pattern like I have on the XM in my picture
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top