Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]

CISO Banana Knife that was carried by a MACV-SOG
Command Control Central One-Zero.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Case XX Red letter stag handled trapper that was given to me as a gift from a man whose house I was doing work on and noticed I didn't have a POS run of the mill knife and thought I may need something classy to go with my tactical.

He used to have a hardware store and was a larger dealer in WV for case and had a lot of first edition knives and gifted it to me brand new in the case tissue paper from his personal collection. 
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought this off a Laplander in Tromsø, Norway about 35 years ago for $20.  

If the images don't show PM me and I'll move them to another host.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

The Gerber BMF was the first version, only made in 1987 and 1988.  The false edge is an indication of being of that era.  The SOG desert dagger is the original Seki-City I've referenced.

I've spoken about them a couple times in this thread so I figured I owed a pic.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:56:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

A Randall that's been used, that is unusual!
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I hadn't really considered this as a rare / unusual knife until I actually looked at it the other day.
William Henry Kestrel with a mammoth ivory scale scrimshawed by an artist in Bar Harbor, Maine.  I bought it as a birthday present to myself in 2000 while vacationing in Maine.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I use my Model 5-5" camp and trail for hunting every weekend. It's a knife. Made for combat way back. Why not?
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#9]
my Prototype Larue Tactical Knife and my Production Larue Tactical Knife are my rarest but they are not used

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#10]
My Model 14 (just posted this pic in another thread). It got a lot of use when I was in the Army, even got abused digging holes/cutting tree roots, and hammering stakes with the pommel when needed.

The sheath shown is actually one of the rarest things I own. It is a Tool Carrier, Blasters, issued to EOD units in the 80's. They were brand new issue in 1984, I remember the instructors at Indianhead talking about the ones they had like they were the hot new thing. By 1987, 88, if you tried to order new ones through the supply system, they would send you a crappy commo linesmans substitute, with the advice that the original was no longer available. You can see in the picture that there are built in pouches for dykes and crimper, and the knife sheath in the back (you can see the metal tip of the sheath, similar to the Air Force Jet Pilot Survival knife). The sheath was designed to take a MK 2 knife or similar.

I have never seen one since then, even for sale as surplus.

Also have a Collins No. 1005 machete that I rescued from a yard sale, but no pics - pretty rough shape.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#11]

The one on the left, because they are the only two that exist.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top