Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2015 3:58:29 PM EDT
anybody ever heard, have, used, owned, likes/dislikes.. etc..etc.. any of their pieces?  looks like quality stuff?  

thanks

man.. i totally missed the topic below me on the DPx knife.. sorry
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
anybody ever heard, have, used, owned, likes/dislikes.. etc..etc.. any of their pieces?  looks like quality stuff?  

thanks
View Quote

I love my DPx HEST fixed blade. Its Rowen made 1095. I have used it heavily and it's kept a great edge and never let me down. My DPX was made by esee iirc.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I love my DPx HEST fixed blade. Its Rowen made 1095. I have used it heavily and it's kept a great edge and never let me down. My DPX was made by esee iirc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks

i put a couple in my hands yesterday and was very surprised.. im knew to the whole "quality" knife thing.. so.. but.. i picked up my first today.. a becker bk16.. lil small for my hands as i'm a pretty good size fella.. 6' 3" 200lbs..give or take.. but.  i really like the way it feels.. like a can easily handle and maneuver it.. but i do not like the sheath.. so.. have to work on that next.  but my buddy just picked up an ESSEE 4 i think.. very nice as well.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my HEFT 4 woodsman. It's made by Lionsteel in Italy. My HEST original fixed I like OK, it's a stout little beast. Just doesn't fit my hand as well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a DPx Hest 2.0 folder last Sat and I'm very impressed with the quality and feature set so far. I've yet to really put it to any real test but looks to be a quality piece of gear.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I've owned a DPX HEST/F 2.0 for a couple years now and it's a nice and well made knife.  

Lion Steel makes the HEST/F and all their folders are great quality.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Top notch products... Great people and customer service. Hard use knives.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#7]
DPx makes good stuff.

I picked on up and never used it.

Sold it more because I had other knives that I was already using and the DPx was just sitting around doing nothing.

Too nice of a knife to waste on sitting in the closet, so I sold it and got pretty much what I paid for it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Heft 4 Mil Spec and a Hest 6. Nice knifes. The Heft 4 feels like a tank compared to my Esee 4. I think it has to do with the grind profile.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:20:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I have had the triple black plain edge hest folder for about a year. Rides lighter in the pocket than I expected, handles "just right" to my hand, Niolox steel holds up just fine in NEOh wet weather.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top