Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2015 3:25:10 PM EDT
Hey guys
I've been bitten by the knife bug and have been going kind of crazy buying knives lately.   In my opinion a couple of the coolest knives I have bought recently are these Spydercos with damascus blades and jigged bone handles.  Two of them are Enduras and the other one is a Delica.  I absolutely love these knives and really want to carry them but they don’t have any clips on them so as the thread title says do any of you guys know of anybody that specializes in making custom pocket clips for knives?

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't help with the clips, but who did those blades and scales?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Knife Kits not really custom but available.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#4]
STR's Backyard KnifeWorks

He used to make custom pocket clips for Spyderco knives.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:06:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't help with the clips, but who did those blades and scales?
View Quote

The knives were made by Spyderco two of them are out of production but can still be found new the orange Endura is still in production and available as well.

Delica price has gone up since i got mine

blue Endura

orange Endura
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:08:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
STR's Backyard KnifeWorks

He used to make custom pocket clips for Spyderco knives.

View Quote

Don’t know how to multi quote

What do you recommend?  Make a post in his section and see what he says?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#7]
What I was thinking was to somehow modify the lanyard holes on these knives.   I was thinking  to have them threaded so they would be like a "barrel screw" and then have somebody that knows what they are doing mill two small notches in the bone handles to be able to accept a Spyderco wire clip.
If any of you guys out there have a Spyderco with a wire clip you will know what I'm talking about.  I might try to take a couple of pics to explain if needed.

With such beautiful handles I really would prefer the wire clip vs. a traditional simply for the fact that the wire clip will obscure less of the handle.
I was thinking the easy way to do this would be to have the bolsters drilled and tapped but I greatly prefer tip up carry so that is why I was thinking of going with the modified lanyard hole method.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top