Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 7/3/2015 12:17:58 PM EDT
I was curious about the knife they give away on Fat Guys in the Woods and it turns out it is an OKC SK5 Blackbird. Every time I go to TN I get a knife from the Smokey Mountain Knife Works. This year I was thinking about the ESEE Laser Strike, but I was curious how they stack up. Then again I don't care because ESEE, and SMKW gives ESEE bumper stickers out like candy. Seriously though how do you guys like the Laser Strike?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm an ESEE fan and I was looking at the laser strike. It's a nice knife .

Plus no matter how you fuck it up aside from throwing it or letting it rust you get a new one.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#2]
My son has a Laser Strike and like all ESEE's it's built like a tank. It's a fairly thick,heavy knife for "bushcrafting" but it does a good job. It also comes with a excellent kydex sheathe.
I think the blackbird is probably a little thinner so may be a little better "cutter" and I believe comes with a pretty good nylon sheath.
I'm an admitted ESEE fan boy bit either one would do good  I bet.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm happy with my Blackbird. I've never handled the ESEE so I can't speak to it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm happy with my Blackbird. I've never handled the ESEE so I can't speak to it.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm happy with mine as well...  

Advantages of the the SK5 over the ESEE (as I see it) >
1 - No blade coating
2 - No big goofy logo on the side of the blade
3 - SS blade (not carbon steel) = no maintenance, no rust, no worries...
4 - Full flat grind

YMMV...
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top