Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 7/2/2015 3:46:58 PM EDT
I just bought a "Camper II" from Amazon for $20 on sale. It came in a small gray box with only the name on the end tape, and when I opened it, I wasn't greeted with the expected gloss red side panels, but what looks like a much cheaper matte finish plastic, with the logo kind of stamped on.

I'm just curious. The blades look right, the big blade has the Victorinox roll mark on the ricasso as expected and everything else looks right.

I'll admit, the last similar knife I bought was in the 1980s.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the only difference between the models is that the "II" series come with the matte textured scales.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I just biught my first SAK in a long time.

Packaging was almost the exact same.

I got an Alox model though.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently bought a Climber and it's been the same as every other I bought.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The matte finish plastic scales are the "economy" line by Victorinox. They do not call them that, but that is what they are. This is nothing new, they have been selling them with the matte plastic scales for at least 15 years, probably longer. Usually they are in plastic blister packs, but I imagine some are sold in boxes. Some users prefer them to the normal shiny scales.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just biught my first SAK in a long time.

Packaging was almost the exact same.

I got an Alox model though.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu199/starscr34m/workinforthemanrverynightandday_zpshv5trvqb.jpg
View Quote

I've been wondering about that fixed blade. You've posted it before, I think...or maybe another member has one. What is the make model? I would like to get on myself.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top