Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2015 10:38:14 AM EDT
I just traded my ZT560 off toward a couple more Benchmades yesterday and never liked the Elmax but most people seem to love it. What makes it better? Most of my Benchmades are 154cm or m390. I have a microtech that is Elmax and it is easy to sharpen but the 560 never was
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Basically, its a stainless with qualities of high carbon steels. Tough edge that doesn't chip out and is still easy to sharpen. Good lateral strength and impact resistence.

I have used s35 vn, s30v, and elmax. If I wanted a stainless knife I would choose Elmax. CPM3V still tops it in most all catagories though. So if stainless is not a major deciding factor cpm3v is the superior steel.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Elmax is a very stain resistant steel with high toughness and edge retention. I suppose it could be tough to sharpen on less than ideal tools

It can take a licking and keep ticking.

Smithy made me a knife out of Elmax and I love it.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top