Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 4/24/2015 12:46:04 PM EDT
Hello all, I just wanted to post a few pictures of my new LionSteel. I appreciate getting a good price and fast shipping from Michigan Knives. It was my first time ordering from them, but will continue to do more business with them in the future.

The blade deployment is a little stiff, but I am positive it will ease up after messing with it. It arrived very sharp and the lock up is nice and audible. The blade seems perfectly centered, it rides low in the pocket tip up, it comes with a tool to change to left side carry but not capable of tip down... This will be my first tip up carry. Cheers!

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a DPX HEFT 4 mil spec and a Hest 6 made by Lion Steel as well as a Lion Steel Hunter M3.

I am a big fan. Thinking about ordering one of the Dendra folders, but I may do a ZT560 instead.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a DPX HEFT 4 mil spec and a Hest 6 made by Lion Steel as well as a Lion Steel Hunter M3.

I am a big fan. Thinking about ordering one of the Dendra folders, but I may do a ZT560 instead.
View Quote

You have a nice collection. This one is my first, I usually carry ZT's.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats a sweet looking knife.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thats a sweet looking knife.
View Quote

Thanks. I failed to mention it is the SR1-Al
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#5]
That is a good looking blade. I really like the dark red. I check out Michigan knives site a fair amount but haven't ordered. Thanks for the report.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That is a good looking blade. I really like the dark red. I check out Michigan knives site a fair amount but haven't ordered. Thanks for the report.
View Quote

They made a shipping ticket very quickly and I got it a few days later. The MAP price is lowered when you put an item in the cart. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Accidental duplicate post.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]
That is a sweet knife.  I have one in black and carry it occasionally, though it can be a bit big for some EDC uses.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:11:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That is a sweet knife.  I have one in black and carry it occasionally, though it can be a bit big for some EDC uses.
View Quote

Yes, it is a bit larger than my last EDC, but I'm getting used to it, especially the tip up part.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice looking knife!
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Been looking at these for a while, I love large folders with enough belly to skin a deer or spread peanut butter. But I'm reluctant to spend that much on a knife again after losing a large Sabenza 21 while doing yard work. There's a Chinese folder with similar lines but with an axis lock that I'm waiting on, if I like carrying that it might be the catalyst.

I switched from tip-down to tip-up carry myself a few years ago, and after getting used to it, I prefer it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I made this my EDC and it works great. I haven't seen anyone else with this knife locally, so when it comes out for use it gets noticed... not that I want that, I just wanted something sharp looking and sharp, the edge has held up well! I too am getting fond of the tip up carry.

I may go for the titanium LionSteel next! But first, I have to save up...
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top