Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 3/23/2015 12:03:50 PM EDT
Me and my son have a few hours to ourselves tomorrow and I thought he would be stoked to see where Randalls are made. Is it worth checking out? I've been to Springfield Armory and RRA before and they were kind of a let down, of course I was expecting them to be like the Disneyland of destruction so my expectations were a little high.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The building is nothing fancy, it looks like they converted an old house into their shop. But does have a great knife collection to drool over. . ...

When I was there a couple of years ago, I got to meet one of Bo Randall's grandsons who helped me put together an order for a nice Model 5:

The sign for the shop is pretty plain and not real big. You turn at the sign and go down a long driveway to the shop:

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#2]
We'll check it out while the girls do a princess breakfast.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Aargh! The museum is being relocated to Bo Randall's old home and won't be open for a month. There were a few knives but not many, two cases were all that was left.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aargh! The museum is being relocated to Bo Randall's old home and won't be open for a month. There were a few knives but not many, two cases were all that was left.

View Quote

bummer
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#5]
My boy figured out that if he orders now it should arrive in time for his high school graduation lol.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#7]
If the shop dissapoints then you could always check out some of the fine women strolling the upscale sidewalks of south OBT

ETA: Just kidding for those that aren't familiar with the area...
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:47:14 AM EDT
[#8]
LOL we went to Als Surplus afterwards. Might some of those girls work at the place with topless go-go dancers? I pointed out to him that the condition of that place did not speak well of the neighborhood. Although it did seem on par with some of the stuff you see up here around Gary.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:02:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Shiiit, I imagine the girls in the "gentleman's clubs" are the top shelf for that area
Al's has a surprisingly decent, albeit expensive, selection for around here. Lots of Spyderco stuff. Worth a look see for blade junkies if you don't have a decent knife shop in your home town.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top