Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2014 8:19:19 PM EDT
Looking for a sheath knife for a cowboy rig, but not wanting to go custom route. Does anyone make a good looking hunter around 4 to 5 inches but under $100. Or maybe a semi custom in the range. Feel free to post pics.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
A USA made Schrade PH1 is a great hunting knife for half your budget.

Buck Vangard
Schrade USA Sharpfinger
Ontario RAT 3 or 4
Ontario SK5
Buck 105 or 119
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have almost every knife on that list, but thanks anyway. I should have said looking for something period correct, similar to a green river hunter.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Benchmade hidden canyon hunter. EXCELLENT knife. Horizontal leather sheath and s30v steel and a hair over 100 buckeroos.

Plan on picking up its longer version in the saddle mountain skinner

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:17:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Something like this?

Ken Richardson Medium Hunter

I bought one in Cody and really like it. A hair over your budget but a very nice knife for the money and does not have that mass produced feel to it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Take a look at Hen and Rooster
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:09:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:00:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Blackjack makes some nice ones.

Blackjack 125
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I am strongly considering stepping over my budget a tad to get one of the ML's he has some great looking blades, thanks.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I am strongly considering stepping over my budget a tad to get one of the ML's he has some great looking blades, thanks.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

When it comes to authentic....his stuff is what old stuff actually used to look like.  He has a lot of respect in the field, also.  I THINK I corresponded with him on a topic once and he came off as a great guy.  Knife people, I have learned, are generally much easier to deal with than gun people on the average.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

When it comes to authentic....his stuff is what old stuff actually used to look like.  He has a lot of respect in the field, also.  I THINK I corresponded with him on a topic once and he came off as a great guy.  Knife people, I have learned, are generally much easier to deal with than gun people on the average.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

you are correct on that, I have a few custom and several semi customs and wasnt really looking to drop much change on a knife to stay on the holster bet and not get used much but  I am really digging his work.

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top