Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2014 2:16:12 PM EDT
Howdy all. I'm looking hard at the Strider Knives XL SLCC for my next EDC fixed blade.
Any of y'all have experience with this knife?
TIA, Ray
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with the knife, really don't get the tiny little handle.  Disclaimer:  I do not operate operationally.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No experience with the knife, really don't get the tiny little handle.  Disclaimer:  I do not operate operationally.  
View Quote

I intend to buy the trainer version first. If it works out, I'll get the live blade.
The grip looks pretty ergonomic, to me, and very low profile.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
That is an incredibly stupid looking knife. So much so, that it could be considered a "fantasy" blade.

(If you are wanting a fantasy blade, I apologize for calling it stupid, and endorse your purchase)

What are you wanting to do with this knife?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:30:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is an incredibly stupid looking knife. So much so, that it could be considered a "fantasy" blade.

(If you are wanting a fantasy blade, I apologize for calling it stupid, and endorse your purchase)

What are you wanting to do with this knife?
View Quote

What is your area of expertise, ref. knife design and use?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a few and the handle is very comfortable. However for an EDC i think the regular size SLCC is balanced better for cutting chores.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Regular sized SLCC is almost a perfect EDC fixed blade and was made to fit in the inside pocket of a TAD Gear hoody.

The lanyard helps with getting a good grip on the knife.
The XL looks cool, but my idea of a perfect SLCC would be  a Stellite Nightmare grind.

If you want my bonafides, read my articles in Blade magazine.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:42:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a standard model with VZ Grips installed on it. The handle fits the hand very well despite the size.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the feedback folks. Had a Cold Steel Desperado years ago, and liked the general design.
Next interest was a Chris Los Banos MPT. Out of production, of course. Spyderco Street Beat? Fred Perrin Mini Bowie?
The SLCC seems to have alot going on in an ergonomic package. $$$, for sure.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top