Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 5:16:14 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy a WW2 Japanese sword as a gift for my son.  He's interested in history.  My Grandfather brought one back from the war, but it went to a cousin.

My problem is I don't know much about them, other than what I've Googled.  I'm not looking for a museum piece, but a nice representative sample.  NCO sword would be fine.  I'm willing to spend up to $500.

Any tips, pointers, advice?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Nihonto message board maybe. They are a wealth of information for old blades at least.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know anything about swords really, but am a militaria collector myself. You're doing the right thing by trying to educate yourself. Also, I would recommend that you buy from a reputable seller that will back what they claim and have an honest reputation. Two I can recommend are Larry Stewart, and Joe Salter. It looks like Joe doesn't have any Japanese right now, but Larry has one, although slightly out of your budget. You may want to call Larry and see if he has something he hasn't listed yet, or know of a lead.

Joe Salter's Swords

Larry Stewart's
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top