Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 11/18/2014 12:12:24 AM EDT

I suspect these are made in China and they just put a huge markup on them:

http://www.garrettwade.com/gentlemans-hidden-knife/p/04D02.08/

Just interested in getting one like this to fidget around with.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude,  it's only 50 bucks. Just get it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dude,  it's only 50 bucks. Just get it.
View Quote

This. That's cheap for a knife
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL, I was selling those for $15-20 a pop when I could get them for under $5 from China. Although this seems to be a bit nicer in terms of polish then the ones I was selling.

Here's the deal, this is more of a shiv than a knife. Yes there's a edge but the angle is closer to 60-70 degrees than 50. Typical Chinese mystery low grade stainless steel.

But if you've got the scratch, party on.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#4]
That's one of Fred Perin's designs, Perin is French and I think he has a company in France making them.  Granted, that's assuming it's genuine and not a knockoff of his original work.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one very similar when I was a kid.  Not very practical for anything but opening letters.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#6]
MrBear: Thanks, that's what I was afraid of/expecting, that they were basically a Chinese export item, rebranded and sold in the US.  I guess I could go searching around some of the Chinese wholesale sites, but I was hoping someone here might point me in the right direction.

On the other hand, sounds like the price is already so good that Raygixxer and Kiltakazie are gonna buy me a couple of em!  Thanks guys!
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top