Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2014 1:05:48 PM EDT
Does anyone know or would recommend a knife I want to pickup for my son.  Looking for a good tanto blade that has paracord wrapped around the handle.  I found a couple of cheap ones on amazon, I just thought that there had to be something better.

Let me know or let me see 'em

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I need to wrap this gerber warrant
Was just $27 shipped from midway.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't think of any production models right off the top of my head. You might head over to CRKT and check to see if they offer one.

If I may ask, why tanto?

I actually like a tanto blade occasionally, so I'm just curious.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]
No specific reason for the tanto other then it's what I prefer so.  Just buying an 11 year old his first real knife for a fishing trip next spring.  Not wanting to spend a fortune, just want to get something that will hold up and he can hang onto.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Take a look the the Cold Steel GI tanto. Relatively cheap, tough, and will last.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/211996/cold-steel-gi-tanto-fixed-blade-tactical-knife-7-tanto-point-1055-carbon-steel-blade-polypropylene-handle-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Already been said above, Came here to suggest the the Cold Steel GI tanto, the older models have a paracord handle, the newer ones have removable plastic scales but could be easily wrapped.

It is a pretty nice piece of carbon steel with a good heat treat the knife destruction tests were pretty impressive for it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the only tanto I own.  It's a very solid little knife.  Around $50 on Amazon.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top