Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 10/15/2014 4:46:06 AM EDT
Just ordered this knife and was wondering if anyone here had any first hand info about them ? All the reviews I've read were very good and the knife comes from a very good designer. It should be here in a few days and looking forward to getting it in my hands

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been interested in it... Please post up some pictures and thoughts!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:32:05 PM EDT
[#2]
My sister told me she wants a "bad ass blade" for Christmas this year. Thinking the Colubris may be a winner.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:16:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll post some pics and give a review when I get it. It's supposed to be here this Saturday
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been wanting one, but Boker has a nasty habit of labeling everything from 5CR to 9CR as 440C, so the whole mystery steel aspect of Boker's misleading labels has me cautious.

Isn't the real one a chisel grand too? Beautiful knife, but I'd still rather have a mystery steel Boker than a chisel grind of any steel.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:57:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been wanting one, but Boker has a nasty habit of labeling everything from 5CR to 9CR as 440C, so the whole mystery steel aspect of Boker's misleading labels has me cautious.

Isn't the real one a chisel grand too? Beautiful knife, but I'd still rather have a mystery steel Boker than a chisel grind of any steel.
View Quote

I'm no steel guru but reading the information form other owners and the designer- it is 440C with a good heat treatment. And I'm not a fan of the chisel grind either so I'm glad they put a flat grind on this one. The shipping update says it should be here today so I'll post some pics and give a review on the overall look and feel of the knife. Looking forward to seeing what kind of edge it comes with.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm no steel guru but reading the information form other owners and the designer- it is 440C with a good heat treatment. And I'm not a fan of the chisel grind either so I'm glad they put a flat grind on this one. The shipping update says it should be here today so I'll post some pics and give a review on the overall look and feel of the knife. Looking forward to seeing what kind of edge it comes with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some big timers have tried, but when it came down to it have found zero suppliers in China of real 440C steel. Not that something like 9CR would be bad at all, but Boker has knives labeled as 440C that are pre-existing designs that are clearly not actually 440C.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Some big timers have tried, but when it came down to it have found zero suppliers in China of real 440C steel. Not that something like 9CR would be bad at all, but Boker has knives labeled as 440C that are pre-existing designs that are clearly not actually 440C.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know !!!! Those darn Chinese can't do us that way
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Well it came in this evening and so far I'm very impressed. The knife is razor sharp and shaved the back of my hand. The balance is good and the G-10 handle fits like a glove with plenty of grip . I think it's a keeper guys The dirt look on the blade is actually little fuzzies from the felt lined box it came in.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked one of these up back when the 'American Kami' thread was going (the designer, maker of the 'real' knife this is licensed from)... Been a damn good knife for me at work.

I ended up putting a soft / IWB pull the dot loop on my sheath and can carry it IWB if needed.  Usually it rides on my bail out bag.

Blade has seen some abuse and is still going strong.

I approve of this knife.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:56:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I picked one of these up back when the 'American Kami' thread was going (the designer, maker of the 'real' knife this is licensed from)... Been a damn good knife for me at work.

I ended up putting a soft / IWB pull the dot loop on my sheath and can carry it IWB if needed.  Usually it rides on my bail out bag.

Blade has seen some abuse and is still going strong.

I approve of this knife.
View Quote

Glad to hear it's been a good knife. I was thinking about installing a loop I have laying around for iwb as well
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Are the scales removable? Thinking I would like them a different color, nothing some cerakote couldn't fix
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are the scales removable? Thinking I would like them a different color, nothing some cerakote couldn't fix
View Quote

Yes they are removable if you wanted to make a new set or have someone custom make a set for the knife
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice knife.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:52:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice knife.
View Quote

Thanks !!!!! I really am liking it
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I like this and the Exodus.

Any particular reason to
but one over the other?

Or buy them based on
personal preference?

John

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I like this and the Exodus.

Any particular reason to
but one over the other?

Or buy them based on
personal preference?

John

View Quote

I looked at and like the Exodus, but really wanted to go with the Colubris design because I like the work of the original designer- American Kami. This guy makes some really nice knives and he's a cigar smoker too
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:13:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice knife !
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:16:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nice knife !
View Quote

Why thank you sir
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Hows the sheath?

You planning on keeping it or making a new one?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:57:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hows the sheath?

View Quote

Actually the sheath isn't too bad. I did have to take a heat gun and adjust it a bit. The retention was a bit too tight for my tastes
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Actually the sheath isn't too bad. I did have to take a heat gun and adjust it a bit. The retention was a bit too tight for my tastes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hows the sheath?

Thats good. I heard the boker sheaths that come with the coye are garbage and everyone is recommending armadillo concealment. That's why I ask.

Speaking of, someone is selling one in the EE. You should get it for your son for his birthday
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thats good. I heard the boker sheaths that come with the coye are garbage and everyone is recommending armadillo concealment. That's why I ask.

Speaking of, someone is selling one in the EE. You should get it for your son for his birthday
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hows the sheath?

Nice subtle hint there I'll go and take a look

Edit- sent him an IM and waiting for his return
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#23]
If I ever get to good stocking dealer
for Boker, I am going to drop some
cash.

I like this too!

John

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:24:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If I ever get to good stocking dealer
for Boker, I am going to drop some
cash.

I like this too!

http://www.bladehq.com/imgs/knives/fixed-blade-knives/boker-fixed/boker-plus-fixed/boker-plus-coye-ridgeback-fixed-green-plain-02bo060.jpg

John

View Quote

Look in EE- just bought my son one and he has a few to sell
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top