Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 9/28/2014 3:39:59 PM EDT

Just picked this up the other day.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw the prototype but don't see these on his site, how much are they?

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice blade!  I see I need to save up.  Thanks for posting this pic.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:38:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw the prototype but don't see these on his site, how much are they?

View Quote

The place I work at sells that carbon fiber one for $525. The green G10 gripped one is $450. I visited his shop when he was working up the prototypes and now getting hands on the finshed product I can say I have never had a folder that opens as smooth as his new folder line. They are truely amazing pieces of work.  The place I work at just had its soft opening and we have 3 display cases of Winkler knives and hatchets.

He makes some of the best blades in the world by my opinion. OP, congrats on the new knife, your gonna make a lot of people jealous when you let them handle it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
It is suprisingly light to be as large a knife as it is.  I carry a ZT 0350 and the Winkler is close to the same size but way lighter!  I had the chance to either get the G10 or the carbon fiber.  Daniel said he personally assembled the carbon fiber one and that was that!  I ask to get the very first one and it seems that is the case.   They didn't even have the boxes made up yet when I picked it up.  He truly does make some great blades and he is a really good guy.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:59:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Ridiculous price for a completely pedestrian, soulless design.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:47:22 AM EDT
[#6]
did you by chance pick it up from Cornbread?  those are a great bunch of guys.  they handle some of my wares as well.  wild store.

TPS
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:54:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the F1B as well. I had a couple small issues witht he first one I ordered, but Dan made sure it was taken care of. I ordered mine from btacblades.com. Barry (the site owner/operator) seems like a pretty stand-up guy as well.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top