Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 10:23:37 PM EDT
Im looking to possibly pick up a Mini-CQC-8.  I want to try an Emerson after trying a friends Emerson.  My main edc's are a zt566, Spyderco native, and a Benchmade Griptilion.  My questions are as follows.

1. Should I consider the Kershaw alternatives?

2. Are their any other Emersons I must look at?  (size wise the Mini-CQC-8 looks the most useful to me)

3.  Are their any Labor day sales that would be the best place to purchase (I typically use tkc and bladehq)?

Thanks for the advise!

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
For using or just for lookin' at?

Check out the CQC-15 as well.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had y CQC-7 for years it's SOLID knife.
The best I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a Horseman and a full size 8 and had trouble consistently getting the wave to work. I own several other Emersons and like them a lot. I haven't handled the Kershaw/Emersons, but I've been tempted to order one, especially considering the cost.

My personal favorites are the mini Roadhouse and the standard 7.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#4]
This will be a hard use knife.  Sounds like the bigger Emersons wave features work better?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This will be a hard use knife.  Sounds like the bigger Emersons wave features work better?
View Quote

Not necessarily bigger, just other designs have waved better for me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I would like to ask of everyone that owns a Emerson what is your favorite and why?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well I would like to ask of everyone that owns a Emerson what is your favorite and why?
View Quote

My favorite model is definitely the SOCFK-A. It's a good size for carry (big enough for most tasks but not too big) and just feels amazingly good in my hand. I like the SOCFK so much I own three of them. A close second would be the CQC-13 mainly just because I love bowies, it is too big to carry though for me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the Viper 3

and the Rhino

The Kershaws are ok, the ZT's are better. For production EKIs I like the Roadhouse the best.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

7 or Mini 7.The tanto chisel is tough and easy to sharpen freehand, but I never get a great edge on it.

Wave works great, but that and hard (normal?) use will wear the lock out pretty quick. My lock is almost gone. Everything about these knives is overbuilt, except that.

It's still one of my favorite knives though. There's something about it...
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#10]
7, 8, 15, Commander

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top