Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2014 10:24:04 AM EDT
I have a pretty nice spyderco with partial serrations that I hate, is their anyway to chage it to all straight edge without making it look like shit?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I imagine that Spyderco can change it out for you...  give them a call.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot would depend upon the blade style. If anyone could do it with the highest probability of having a good turnout, it would be Spyderco themselves. Not saying others could not do a good job, just think the factory would be better prepared and equipped. Bear in mind it might well be at custom shop wages, if indeed they will do it. Ultimately though, it would be cheaper for the factory, to simply replace the blade, with the non-serrated choice, rather than paying the wages of their own smith...unless of course it is some limited production series steel. These are only my assumptions though. Either way though, it cannot hurt to give them a call or an email.

PC
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd be inclined to sell the knife with the partial serrations and buy a knife more to my liking.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top