Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 4:13:12 AM EDT
Been a long time since I have had the opportunity to get online, but this months delivery is worthy of taking the time! I apologize upfront for the poor quality of the photos. I am hoping someone else can enjoy seeing these pics!

Herein are reproductions, though still a rare treat, from Maestro Paul Macdonald, of Macdonald Armouries, in Edinburgh. I still have another blade headed my way, but I truly feel honoured to have had the opportunity to acquire these fine pieces. Seen here, are the following:

OSS Instructors Kit containing covert blades used by those in harm's way, including lapel type blades, covert pin-type stickers and a coin slasher
OSS Shoe Knife, with a sheath/insole constructed by a local Master Cobbler.
OSS Sleeve Daggers

Also seen is one of  Paul's 1st Pattern F-S repros, with a highly polished blade of RWL-34

My other blade should be arriving soon, and I am anxiously anticipating it's arrival!

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Those are NEAT!

That shoe sole insert.... is the dagger worn up toward the foot or down toward the sole of the shoe?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Those look AWESOME.

Certainly worth a visit next time I go back to see the family.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I am assuming the grain side would be up, for both comfort, and to ease access to the blade. The design has a slight curvature to it, with all  edge grinds being on one side, not dissimilar from a curved chisel grind of sorts, and as such in this manner it curves slightly away from the foot, protecting one's foot from being cut during rigorous activity. However, if detection were more of a concern, I suppose it could be switched to the other shoe, with the grain side and knife access on the bottom....while it might eventually start poking the foot in this manner (insole is quite strong with decently thick leather), but the insole would then require removal to access the blade.

PC
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#4]
That collection is by far the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Thank you for sharing. Where in TX are you from?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That collection is by far the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Thank you for sharing. Where in TX are you from?
View Quote

Thank you kindly! North Central a bit out of DFW. I collect original OSS goodies as well as modern blades and implements too.

PC
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Killer McCoy
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Nifty, thanks for sharing. I have a gun show version of the OSS Sleeve Dagger. I'd love to have a quality one.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nifty, thanks for sharing. I have a gun show version of the OSS Sleeve Dagger. I'd love to have a quality one.  
View Quote

Here are some better photos, which Paul sent to me upon completion. Note his armory brand, so that nobody tries passing them off as original articles.....as a collector I appreciate this greatly!

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#10]
WOW!!!!
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top