Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 7/10/2014 5:55:11 PM EDT
So I've lost my 275 adamas in the last week somewhere in or outside my house but no idea where and I have 5 acres I was all over the night I lost it. So looking to get a blade until it hopefully will show up and am looking at the 3550. Anybody have experience with it? How do you like the drop point blade? It will be a edc and I've always wanted a small auto so it fits the role. I've found it for about $160 which seems like a good price. Looking for any and all input.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Well its ordered so ill let you all know my opinion when it gets here
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:00:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a few benchmade's and will be loyal to them for a long time. I have the 3550 laying next to my keyboard right now, seems like a solid knife, very tight. The only complaint I have is that to deploy the blade you have to push the button extremely far. I only have one of these and this is the only one I have ever handled so they may not all be that way. It makes it very safe but not quick to deploy.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a few benchmade's and will be loyal to them for a long time. I have the 3550 laying next to my keyboard right now, seems like a solid knife, very tight. The only complaint I have is that to deploy the blade you have to push the button extremely far. I only have one of these and this is the only one I have ever handled so they may not all be that way. It makes it very safe but not quick to deploy.
View Quote

I have one I don't have to push the button that far. YMMV.  It's a fast and good knife.  Personally I wish it had a longer blade.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Been edc a 2550 for two yrs or so now. Similar knives, I have no complaints with mine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Well my wife found my 275 laying in the back field today after two weeks of it missing. Very happy yo have found it and the 3550 is supposed to be here tomorrow. Can't wait
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I lost the very first Benchmade I bought(710). Waiting two weeks before finally ordering a 510. 1.5 years later I found my 710 in the backyard. Still works and cuts like a champ. That was 4 years ago
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I lost the very first Benchmade I bought(710). Waiting two weeks before finally ordering a 510. 1.5 years later I found my 710 in the backyard. Still works and cuts like a champ. That was 4 years ago
View Quote

I still hope to someday find my first real knife (Spyderco military).  I lost it in the woods behind my MIL's house 8 years ago.  I even rented a metal detector.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea I was very upset to say the least over my 275. My wife got it for me for my first fathers day.  But I received my 3550 today and am very excited about it.

Overall its what you would expect from benchmade as far as over all quality  and finish. The handle fits my hand nicely and has good grip. The action is nice and smooth. The lock seems very sturdy and I doubt I'll ever use the safety.  The blade is decently sharp, not quite as sharp as my 275 was but I'm guessing its the difference in steel used (d2 vs stainless). The button does seem like it should fire a hair sooner than it does so I have to push it with my nail to ensure it opens the first time.. Also the button seems kinda gritty, I'm hoping a little clp and self polishing from use will wear it in and smooth it out. I would like for the spring to be a touch stronger but its not bad.  I'm very happy with it and will continue to purchase more knives from Benchmade.

I will say though that I'm so used to the size of my 275 it seems kinda small to carry the 3550
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top