Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/2/2014 5:41:36 PM EDT
So in another thread  we discussed KAI's collaboration with Hinderer and you guys pushed me over the edge on one. Here it is :

zt 0566

fit and finish are very nice. The flipper works very well. The texture on the G10 is excellent and the weight is decent.

Next to her sister she's a little heavy.

Size wise she's not bad, about perfect for my hands. Here she is with members of the Weds rotation, 810, 586 and my Manix 2 lightweight

Still getting used to the framelock. IIt's not my favorite but I can deal with it. The lock side is well done with no big gaps, well machined and the clip is near perfect.

I have an Elmax blade on my 0770, it's durable and takes a good edge. I decided to leave it with the factory edge and just strop it for testing. A few passes on my diamond loaded strops and there is another bald spot on my leg.

In the few hours I've had the knife I've enjoyed it and will probably buy the 0562 as I'm a sucker for M390
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Love my 0566! Good buy OP
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You're one of the people who helped push me over the edge
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a love affair with my 0566 also.  I will work it in with my HEST.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice! I'll probably get one at some point.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know if I should apologize or not
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 1:07:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't. I'm digging it more than I thought I would
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'll last forever that's for sure
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#8]
its a nice knife, but heavy as hell!
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I love mine. I modded the G10 to use the blade stops as a thumb stud.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:55:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love mine. I modded the G10 to use the blade stops as a thumb stud.
<a href="http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/RugerM77270/media/8045671C-70E1-403A-A2F6-8C07D4607E90_zpsbkxqillc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l486/RugerM77270/8045671C-70E1-403A-A2F6-8C07D4607E90_zpsbkxqillc.jpg</a>
View Quote

Cool.
I'm loving it as a flipper.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Yall ain't making this easy.

Who has the best price?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The 0566 is sleek compared to most of the other ZT offerings but yet still built very solidly.

<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/ns2d98kj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/856/2d98k.jpg</a>

It's the perfect size for me as an EDC.
View Quote

It is.

I've not jumped on the ZT train because the knives are so big.

The 0770 and 0566 are perfect
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yall ain't making this easy.

Who has the best price?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

ZT 0566 $113 Shipped

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I just picked one up this weekend.  Very nice.  After owning a Kershaw Cryo for a few months, I really like the assisted-opening design, especially Hinderer's design.

That said, I have noticed that my 566 is significantly harder to open than my Cryo.  It's not that the 566 is binding up or anything, but the force required to move the finger lever is significantly higher. It is like I have less mechanical advantage.  I also notice that there's a very small "sweet-spot" I must find on the lever in order to get it the blade to open.  I can push on the lever until my finger hurts, but it won't open without finding a particular spot on the lever.

Anyone else experience this? Can I expect this opening force to reduce over time?  I know the knife if brand-new, but I didn't need any "break in" period with my Cryo.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just picked one up this weekend.  Very nice.  After owning a Kershaw Cryo for a few months, I really like the assisted-opening design, especially Hinderer's design.

That said, I have noticed that my 566 is significantly harder to open than my Cryo.  It's not that the 566 is binding up or anything, but the force required to move the finger lever is significantly higher. It is like I have less mechanical advantage.  I also notice that there's a very small "sweet-spot" I must find on the lever in order to get it the blade to open.  I can push on the lever until my finger hurts, but it won't open without finding a particular spot on the lever.

Anyone else experience this? Can I expect this opening force to reduce over time?  I know the knife if brand-new, but I didn't need any "break in" period with my Cryo.

Thanks
View Quote

Mine has a strong detent but opens quickly and has worked in nicely.

I've been flipping mine alot
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Looking for dinner ideas
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:50:04 PM EDT
[#20]
after about 500 opens mine is suddenly easier.  I can snap it quickly with my dominant hand and slowly but  smoothly with my non-dom.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
after about 500 opens mine is suddenly easier.  I can snap it quickly with my dominant hand and slowly but  smoothly with my non-dom.
View Quote

Your torsion bar may have cracked.  Mine was like that.  It was normal, then one flip later it was much weaker.  Then after a few dozen more flips, it broke completely and had no assist at all.  ZT sent me a new one for free.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I checked, it isn't.  If you are using both the flipper with your point finger and the knob with your thumb this baby opens fast once broken in.I've got the technique down with both hands now.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Great knife, I got mine a while back, It replaced my other 4 knives as my EDC.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#24]
I have an 801 with a 562cf on pre-order.  They make great knives and ive had good luck with the Elmax steel.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have an 801 with a 562cf on pre-order.  They make great knives and ive had good luck with the Elmax steel.
View Quote

Elmax is pretty nice

The 0562CF is in M390 which is a personal favorite.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

My ZT 0560 is like that.  It effectively doesn't work as a flipper.  I loosened the pivot up enough that the blade is off center and rattles and  there's no detent to speak of and it still doesn't work as a flipper.  It needs a stiffer detent or less pivot friction or probably both.

Other than that I like the knife but I don't carry it anymore because it's a pain in the ass to open compared to all the other knives I carry.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My ZT 0560 is like that.  It effectively doesn't work as a flipper.  I loosened the pivot up enough that the blade is off center and rattles and  there's no detent to speak of and it still doesn't work as a flipper.  It needs a stiffer detent or less pivot friction or probably both.

Other than that I like the knife but I don't carry it anymore because it's a pain in the ass to open compared to all the other knives I carry.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

I think both of yo should give ZT a call. They have great warranty service from what I hear which is a big thing for me and the reason I have so many butterflies on my blades. Benchmade CS has been great to me.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

A 0560 should not be like that.  Call or email ZT and I am sure they will fix it

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 12:36:44 AM EDT
[#29]
It's really not that big of a deal now, I'm just not going to carry it.  I'll stick it in my glove box or something.  It opened in my pocket shortly after I started carrying it and I found out when I ran my finger into the blade.  I got lucky and I hit the point first instead of running my finger down the blade.    I'm  kind of gun-shy about having it in my pocket now no matter if it was worked over or not so it's been expelled from the rotation.  

On the bright side, I bought a Spyderco Lionspy to replace it and it's great.  In a way I'm happy that the ZT didn't work out or I never would have bought it.  You might have guessed that I don't need much of an excuse to buy a new knife anyway.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#30]
New parts

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#31]
After handling Maynards 0556 he generously lent me for the last few weeks, I must say these are awesome knives! I will have one very soon!

I really like the fitment on these things and the lockup.

I am almost done with it Maynard! It will be back in your pocket soon!

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Very happy to help and the 0566s are very robust knives.

There's a Facebook ZT group where one person is selling 0566s for $107, if you're in the market.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After handling Maynards 0556 he generously lent me for the last few weeks, I must say these are awesome knives! I will have one very soon!

I really like the fitment on these things and the lockup.

I am almost done with it Maynard! It will be back in your pocket soon!

Very happy to help and the 0566s are very robust knives.

There's a Facebook ZT group where one person is selling 0566s for $107, if you're in the market.

Nice! I might order one sooner than I thought, I mean, its such a good deal I cant pass it up!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I definitely recommend it.

I'm waiting on the 0562CF right now another ZT/Hinderer collab
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#35]
I dug around in that Facebook thread for a while...... SO MANY POSTS! Ill just go with amazon.

Looks like used ones are hard to come by.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:57:57 AM EDT
[#36]
I did it..... You sons of....... .

So many knives!

So little time!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Star_scream.....

This might accent your future scale nicely!

My bad thought it was for a 0566... got to excited!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171377998968
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Star_scream.....

This might accent your future scale nicely!

My bad thought it was for a 0566... got to excited!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171377998968
View Quote

OooooOOOOoooo

I'm trying to keep my eyes on the prize. Although I've kinda distracted myself a little, I bought a Spyderco Dice too

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 3:31:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Ohh Star_Scream.......

I have a present for you!

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Yes!

Looks awesome!

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Ordered a gad damn 0566 BW today! Facebook deal sucked me right in!
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Probably going to jump on that too.

$109 shipped is a deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$109 shipped is a deal.

link to this deal?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's in a closed ZT group. Just join and you can see the offerings.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/722431891108210/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$109 shipped is a deal.

link to this deal?

It's in a closed ZT group. Just join and you can see the offerings.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/722431891108210/

Thx for the hook-up. Looks like I might need to get my first ZT.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Got a  new phone to take better pics.

Can't wait for my scale
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#47]
My first 0566 is here! Ill get some good pics soon! Need to decide what I want for a scale!
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My first 0566 is here! Ill get some good pics soon! Need to decide what I want for a scale!
View Quote

2 days until mine gets here.

I'm hoping the mailman gets here before my swing shift
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Mwahahaha

Custom scale made by AFCOMmer stevos758.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top